+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring back Ross

I thought Richards had left? Hogan is always injured so I can't see him doing much on a consistent basis. Ross Hogan and Richards have cost the club dearly. The problem with these players the value has plummeted so much it's hard to even give them away and its preventing us spending on key players like Terry for example when we wouldn't pay the wages he wanted.
    I'm glad I just do fantasy league management. At least I can get rid the week after and not be burdened with debt for the next 4 years.
    Oh well at least it's not our money I guess.

Hogan has been fit for months but Bruce hasn't played him

He's been injured all season

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-hogan-aston-villa-injury-12895080
    Last edited by bongosdad; 14-10-2018 at 03:43 PM.

We'll definitely see Hogan featuring when fit, and as for costing the club dearly - I'm sure these players didn't sign with the intention of playing badly so they could sit on their backsides. It's the fault of those that made the decisions to give them such big contracts.

On Ross Mckenna - I do remember him getting into great positions but greedy Kodija wouldn't pass to him, football is a small world so I'm sure Dean Smith will know the truth about Ross & make the right decision.

I hope so, we have to remember we are mid table in the Championship, i do not believe we are that good that we can just throw millions away on players who have good CVs before we employed them!

Hogan said: 'The most difficult thing in football is not playing when you're fit. The second most difficult is playing in a system where there is just no way on this earth it's suited to you, you are hung out to dry a little bit.

'It (a 4-1-4-1 formation) led to less chances, less touches in the box. But I did what the manager asked me to do, he only ever asked me to work hard.

'I knocked on his door a couple of days before the window shut just to find out what was going on. Sheff United were very interested.

"I wasn't allowed to leave. He was adamant that he didn't want me to go, he said I had a future playing as a striker and I was assured we were going to change the way we were playing.

'So it was disappointing for me two days later when he signed a striker and nothing changed at all.

'I then had an injury, which didn't help, but for the past five weeks I've been fit. So it's frustrating, but it's more frustrating when there is no answer. If you have a reason why you're not playing, you can go and work on it.

'People say you've got to be professional, train your best and all that, but it's difficult because you know you're not getting anything out of it. My head wasn't completely in it if I'm honest, because you knew no matter what you did that week, you weren't going to play, so there was nothing you could do except go home.'

Hogan is a good player don't get me wrong and yes Bruce didn't play a style that suited him. It makes you wonder why he brought him. If fit he will be a very good person to bring on when tammy or Kodja need resting. Hogan can't really complain about Bruce buying a striker because he can't be relied on. He never gets s run in the team because he can't gets past 2 or 3 games without breaking down. I guess Ross would be good to bring on I guess but I wouldn't want him starting and 4th/5th in the pecking order.
    Last edited by bongosdad; 14-10-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Did he score 17 goals for Brentford by being injured every few games Bong or is there something wrong with our training methods as was the case at Arsenal for a time? Maybe Bruce bought him to stop a promotion rival - it's a funny old game!

After reading what he’s said recently about the fans don’t think I want him back tbh

I see Smith wants to bring in Riccards!! Back in training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)