+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back Ross

Bring back Ross

Well, see how fit he is in January but having him on the Bench with Hogan could give Smith some pretty good options and yes im really up for it. Why should RMc be an outcast now? The man who held a grudge has gone! If you think how Hutton came on once another manager who was sacked and held a grudge went. We have had 3 good seasons with Hutton and weve grown to love him as one of ours. No we dont want gabby, barry or young back but i cant help thinking if just wasting a talent that cost this club 12 million and has scored goals for fun.

I wonder why no other British team was interested in taking him on loan, maybe he is a disruptive influence or even worse, something ain't right that's for sure.

Cant see Terry putting up with any nonsense but he does know where the back of the net is!!

He came with the wrong attitude, maybe his personal troubles and drinking played a part in that. I got the feeling he went to the other side of the world out of choice. There was no doubt English clubs were in for him. And perhaps there was a sense that "we didn't spunk 12m quid on a striker to loan him out to a rival".

Bruce handled him incorrectly but he was also purchased at exactly the wrong moment.

The 1 player I'm desperate to see back in Hogan. Seriously, linking up with the gaffer that made him a goal machine playing to his strengths and with McGinn supplying beautifully perfect crosses every game he could replicate his previous form.

(McGinn is the real deal. Him and Hourihane are my favourite villa players since Carew

Rather Gabby

Bongo REally????

Gabby 15years ago maybe, but not the Gabby we've viewed the last 5years

Not really Yubs but making the point I really don't want Ross back. Even I don't want gabby back now. We don't need either with Tammy and Kodjia in our squad that are both Premiership quality.

The point is Bongo, you need option or a plan B if it goes sour. Something Bruce did not have!
    Of course we have koj & Tam as our 2 up front but what if koj gets an injury and Tam loses form?
    Im just saying having him and Hogan on the bench would be good. Normally when a new Gaffer takes over, the slate is wiped clean?
    It will however be interesting to see how Smith handles Richards?
    I remember fans forums laying into Hutton and that he should never play for us again, how wrong they were! How many times did gabby be given a 2nd chance?
    We have Ross for nearly 3 more seasons, we cannot just keep loaning him out, it just does not make sense, sorry!!!!

I see your point Dave and Hutton is a good example of a player that turned it around. However Hutton is a good pro with a very good attitude and completely the opposite to Ross. To be honest I'm not keen on hogan either.
    i agree though it does seem a waste of money having a 12 mil player on loan and was a very poor buy along with hogan. You could but 2 x JPA with that money.
    I guess it all depends on how much of a negative influence Ross is. If Bruce handled him badly ok bring him back but Bruce might have just not put up with his nonsense .

I'd forgotten we still have Richards! Bloody hell I remember thinking it was a master stroke getting him as a free agent.

And if we do still have Ross for 3 more years then absolutely bring him back. Regarding Kodija and Tammy - I think we will see Hogan nail down a starting spot with DS in charge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)