+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no end to what these Royals can do!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Your arguments are out of date, how does Murdoch "own the news" when he only owns the Sun and the Times?

You actually thought he owned Sky News didn't you?
    Hahaha, gf, you actually think the BBC is left wing, whatever else you spout is automatically nullified by that statement, you've been thoroughly brainwashed by whatever right wing nutjob organisation is your favourite, i pity you, along with all the others spouting exactly the same crap, keep believing whatever waxy lemon tells you, you quite plainly haven't got the capacity to see the woods for the trees...

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Hahaha, gf, you actually think the BBC is left wing, whatever else you spout is automatically nullified by that statement, you've been thoroughly brainwashed by whatever right wing nutjob organisation is your favourite, i pity you, along with all the others spouting exactly the same crap, keep believing whatever waxy lemon tells you, you quite plainly haven't got the capacity to see the woods for the trees...
    Of course it's left-wing, look at all the identity politics and PC "stories" on it's news page every day.

It's not as left-wing as Corbyn but how can it be?

You the expert on news who can't keep up with the news.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Of course it's left-wing, look at all the identity politics and PC "stories" on it's news page every day.

It's not as left-wing as Corbyn but how can it be?

You the expert on news who can't keep up with the news.
    Go on then, define 'identity politics' and how the BBC continues it, add in the political correctness as well, shove some facts in here, i know you're not used to that kind of thing....

So you'd agree that the press making a concious decision to use it is frankly abhorrent, and after the leveson inquiry reccomended an independant body to replace the press complaints authority, the gov't (you guessed it, a tory one) refused to enact it...and hitherto dropped leveson 2 entirely, i wonder what they're afraid of??

I'd adopt levesons findings, and allow leveson 2 to go ahead..wouldn't you?
    The labour party's policies are a clearly social democratic, this 10% thing you're on about lately, is that the latest buzzword among sun readers....
    I think the press using phone tapping was both illegal and in many cases abhorrent. I'm not sure what it has to do with political bias, however. If you want to make it a political thing, note that the Mirror group have paid out extensive amounts in damages for phone tapping, despite their many public denials of having taken part in the same.

I don't know if the 10% thing is a buzzword. I watched bits of the Labour Party conference and saw McDonnell announce it. If it has been quickly scrapped, I missed it. Has it?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 17-10-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The problem with you is that you refuse to acknowledge we have an unfair society. In which case why do we have rich and poor, powerful and weak. It just doesn't bear out what you are saying. If it was fair the gaps between these groups would be much closer in fact they are pulling the opposite way. I can only assume that it is some sort of justification of your own place in society.a sort of l'm wealthy and privileged but that is not unfair i can still call myself a good guy because nothing is unfair. We don't need to change owt.. Too right ya bloody dont!
    There is an uneven distribution of wealth in UK society and clear injustices, such as in the manner in which executive pay has increased relative to 'the front line'. Where you and I part company (over and above you making sweeping assumptions about someone you've never met) is that I don't see how voting for a party that would put people on the dole and impoverish us all is a solution to inequality.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think the press using phone tapping was both illegal and in many cases abhorrent. I'm not sure what it has to do with political bias, however. If you want to make it a political thing, note that the Mirror group have paid out extensive amounts in damages for phone tapping, despite their many public denials of having taken part in the same.

I don't know if the 10% thing is a buzzword. I watched bits of the Labour Party conference and saw McDonnell announce it. If it has been quickly scrapped, I missed it. Has it?
    I don't hold any affinity to the mirror or any other newspaper/group, stopped reading them years ago, i couldn't careless what political affiliation they have if they've phone tapped, none. I notice you said it was abhorrent "in most cases" in that case, when is it ok???

The political bias thing was something you've brought into the debate, we were on about regulation, something that would've gone a way to stop phone tapping, as per the leveson inquiry, but as you know it was shafted by the tories....

As for your 10% thing, i didn't watch any of the labour party conference, it might surprise you to know i don't belong to any political group or party, i just think the labour policies far outweigh any other party's, for the ordinary bloke in the street, and the country as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Kerr if I said to the average 5 year old do you think it's fair that some people can have big houses and flash car s while other people don't have homes and are starving what do you think they would say? I would hope you could compete with a 5 year old on this.
    I would be shocked that you would have such a conversation with a five year old, but political extremists have always started young - whether the Hitler Youth or the Young Pioneers. I'd also be dismayed at you asking such a biased and loaded question, but, again, in my experience, political zealots are rarely capable of balance and objectivity.

If it's starvation you want to talk about, try asking the five year old if it's ok for you to be smug about eating beef lasagne, whilst half the world can only dream about it.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 17-10-2018 at 10:53 PM.

I don't hold any affinity to the mirror or any other newspaper/group, stopped reading them years ago, i couldn't careless what political affiliation they have if they've phone tapped, none. I notice you said it was abhorrent "in most cases" in that case, when is it ok???

The political bias thing was something you've brought into the debate, we were on about regulation, something that would've gone a way to stop phone tapping, as per the leveson inquiry, but as you know it was shafted by the tories....

As for your 10% thing, i didn't watch any of the labour party conference, it might surprise you to know i don't belong to any political group or party, i just think the labour policies far outweigh any other party's, for the ordinary bloke in the street, and the country as a whole.
    So you don't know about a key Labour Party policy, but are happy to dismiss any criticism of it as 'buzzwords' and think that Labour policies you are ignorant about outweigh those of any other parties.

That's some act of faith.

Follow the thread. We are talking political bias. If you want to talk phone tapping, open another thread. I'm sure there will be some takers. Exile, probably.

Go on then, define 'identity politics' and how the BBC continues it, add in the political correctness as well, shove some facts in here, i know you're not used to that kind of thing....
    Read the BBC news site, there every single day. Today's main one https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45838021

"Newsbeat" is where most of these stories come from, but they get put on the front page.

Then how they use their most popular shows like Eastenders and Dr Who for propaganda purposes.

I honestly don't know if left-wingers genuinely believe the BBC is right-wing and are dense or are trying to cover for the huge left-wing propaganda operation they're running.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    So you don't know about a key Labour Party policy, but are happy to dismiss any criticism of it as 'buzzwords' and think that Labour policies you are ignorant about outweigh those of any other parties.

That's some act of faith.

Follow the thread. We are talking political bias. If you want to talk phone tapping, open another thread. I'm sure there will be some takers. Exile, probably.
    This is what i know about, i know about the state of the NHS, the schools and the welfare state, now, when choosing who to vote for, in a general election, i consider those three things, very simple, and the labour party is the only party that has plans to keep, and maintain and improve, all three.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast