+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no end to what these Royals can do!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You started well gfire then let yourself down. So the BBC are basically Marxist but support the Royal family! Does that not seem a strange statement to make? You can't make such things up! Unfortunately for us you can.
    The Royal weddings and state openings are shown arround the world. The BBC doesn't give the rights away!

No-one cares about these particular royals though frog.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    They've been on about this wedding for ages now here Great_fire. There is this Middleton Bird who's pregnant again apparently as well.

I would agree that the list of leaches gaining money for doing sweet f a was far too long but that was reduced some time ago wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    You just don't get it!

The Royal family is as much a money making machine for the UK as the Eiffel Tower is for France.

You could leave as is with an unelected Royal family that don't interfere with the politics of the UK or have succession of useless tw@ts who are in it for themselves!

You haven't been given a choice but think about this but who would you replace them with? A President?

Word of warning - Donald Trump!
    I think that proves a particular point though froggy, France has no royal family, yet still commands epic tourism re it's history etc, the same would be for the UK without the royals, we don't need em, not at all....

ps, i take your point about Trump though!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I think that proves a particular point though froggy, France has no royal family, yet still commands epic tourism re it's history etc, the same would be for the UK without the royals, we don't need em, not at all....

ps, i take your point about Trump though!!!!
    Paris is the most visted capital city in the world isn't it? The comparison to the Eiffel towe is the iconic red telephone boxes, The post boxes, the black cabs, the old London red double decker bus but most of all the Union Flag.

Paris is the most visted capital city in the world isn't it? The comparison to the Eiffel towe is the iconic red telephone boxes, The post boxes, the black cabs, the old London red double decker bus but most of all the Union Flag.
    Erm, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace? I don't think red boxes are what people are coming to see.

Apparently last year Bangkok #1, London #2, Paris #3.

Tourism shouldn't be a reason for compromising on democracy though. There isn't good reason to think the lack of a state recognised monarch would affect tourism though. I'd favour an elected monarch with the largely ceremonial role perhaps every 20 years, and right now the Royal family would easily win, nothing would change except the anti democratic aspect of it.

I just think any child should be able to aspire to be head of state in the country they live, and we're of the countries where that isn't possible, but there are ways it can be achieved.

Well any child can be Prime Minister, theoretically.

That's the important position.

Well it will be if we get out from the clutches of the EU.

You just don't get it!

The Royal family is as much a money making machine for the UK as the Eiffel Tower is for France.

You could leave as is with an unelected Royal family that don't interfere with the politics of the UK or have succession of useless tw@ts who are in it for themselves!

You haven't been given a choice but think about this but who would you replace them with? A President?

Word of warning - Donald Trump!
    Why replace em wi owt? It's not just about tourism though is it? Its what they represent ie privilege.

Well any child can be Prime Minister, theoretically.

That's the important position.
    Head of state is technically higher ranking.

Prime minister certainly holds more power than the EU (since they can lead a government that can withdraw from Europe).

Head of state can technically fire the Prime Minister.

Don't you think your position is contradictory, you're desperate to leave Europe because you don't think it's democratic, but you're happy to retain an anti-democratic monarchy?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast