+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no end to what these Royals can do!

So what's your answer, MMM? State control?

Whatever the position with ownership, the fact is that there are a range of political editorial positions available. If you want to read a left leaning newspaper you can buy the Guardian or Mirror. If you want to buy a right leaning paper, there is a wider choice available (currently with a range of positions reflecting divisions over Brexit).

The fact that more people prefer right leaning titles to left leaning ones merely reflects the exercise of individual choice.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 17-10-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Unfortunately they don't display a range of political bias though Kerr. How many of the National press ever tell you to vote Labour at elections? And why would the owners, as mentioned byMMM above, have any interest in supporting the Labour party anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post

80% of the British 'free press' is owned by 5 people, rich, right wing nutjobs, who make out in their rags how patriotic they are, while sitting on their tax free beaches and paying f - all in UK tax, glad you support them....
    I'd like to see a link to that please since The Express and Star are owned by the left-wing Mirror Group as is the Mirror, Sunday Mirror, People, then of course there's the Guardian and The Independent.

Going to have to call shenanigans on that one.

Please tell us who these 5 people are, which newspapers they own, and how this adds up to 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Unfortunately they don't display a range of political bias though Kerr. How many of the National press ever tell you to vote Labour at elections? And why would the owners, as mentioned byMMM above, have any interest in supporting the Labour party anyway?
    I think The Guardian is probably too grown up to 'tell' people to vote in any particular way. I should imagine the Mirror ran with vote Labour. And what is the significance of that as you see it? I can't see that many Mirror readers are died-in-the-wool Tories or that many Labour supporters buy the Daily Mail.

Does the fact that you only question the number of newspapers that support Labour give the game away here? Are you not so much concerned about press bias, but rather with the number of people you want to be 'told' to vote the way you would like them to be.

And what's your answer? State control?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 17-10-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I'd like to see a link to that please since The Express and Star are owned by the left-wing Mirror Group as is the Mirror, Sunday Mirror, People, then of course there's the Guardian and The Independent.

Going to have to call shenanigans on that one.

Please tell us who these 5 people are, which newspapers they own, and how this adds up to 80%.
    http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicypr...dia-ownership/

The shenanigans you talk about have been going on for donkeys years, indeed you're one of the gullibles who falls for it tima and again, also, the express and star have recently been taken over, very recently by the trinity group, which does own the mirror, but left wing? your political bias and naivety show you up again....

Rupert Murdoch
    Lord Rothermere
    Barclay brothers

Right wing nutters with no interest in the UK apart from creaming their profits by gullible folk like you buying their crap, then stuffing thse profits in tax havens, once again, delighted you support these parasites...not surprised in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think The Guardian is probably too grown up to 'tell' people to vote in any particular way. I should imagine the Mirror ran with vote Labour. And what is the significance of that as you see it? I can't see that many Mirror readers are died-in-the-wool Tories or that many Labour supporters buy the Daily Mail.

Does the fact that you only question the number of newspapers that support Labour give the game away here? Are you not so much concerned about press bias, but rather with the number of people you want to be 'told' to vote the way you would like them to be.

And what's your answer? State control?
    Seeing as your fave rag is The Guardian, i suppose you'd agree with this then....

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-more-leftwing

Seeing as your fave rag is The Guardian, i suppose you'd agree with this then....

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-more-leftwing
    I think I may read newspapers in a different way to you in that I neither believe nor disbelieve everything in them. I think about what I read.

As it happens, I have never said that the press is unbiased; I've pointed out that there are a range of positions available and expressed the opinion that people choose their papers to match their own views. I'm guessing that you don't buy the Mail?

And if you don't like the current position, what is your answer? Political control?

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/mediapolicypr...dia-ownership/

The shenanigans you talk about have been going on for donkeys years, indeed you're one of the gullibles who falls for it tima and again, also, the express and star have recently been taken over, very recently by the trinity group, which does own the mirror, but left wing? your political bias and naivety show you up again....

Rupert Murdoch
    Lord Rothermere
    Barclay brothers

Right wing nutters with no interest in the UK apart from creaming their profits by gullible folk like you buying their crap, then stuffing thse profits in tax havens, once again, delighted you support these parasites...not surprised in the least.
    Sun, Mail, Telegraph and their Sunday titles do not comprise 80% of the British press.

Also it's not owned by just 5 people either is it?

You've been reading one of those Corbynista/ Momentum fake news sites haven't you?

@ Roly. In a more precise answer to your question, here's an article with the front pages from election day 2017.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...eral-election/

Can't help thinking that The Independent were a bit wide of the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think I may read newspapers in a different way to you in that I neither believe nor disbelieve everything in them. I think about what I read.

As it happens, I have never said that the press is unbiased; I've pointed out that there are a range of positions available and expressed the opinion that people choose their papers to match their own views. I'm guessing that you don't buy the Mail?

And if you don't like the current position, what is your answer? Political control?
    Range of positions?? there's a mildly liberal position and a rabid right wing one, the latter is by far the most prevalent, you know this.
    My answer isn't political control at all, my answer is regulation, stopping the media, from whichever 'side' for one example of using the mobilbe phone messages of a murdered ****ager.....or for another example of tapping phones....in short, they have to be accountable, if you thinkthey're that right now then you're much thicker than i ever was.....

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast