+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no end to what these Royals can do!

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Read the BBC news site, there every single day. Today's main one https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45838021

"Newsbeat" is where most of these stories come from, but they get put on the front page.

Then how they use their most popular shows like Eastenders and Dr Who for propaganda purposes.

I honestly don't know if left-wingers genuinely believe the BBC is right-wing and are dense or are trying to cover for the huge left-wing propaganda operation they're running.
    Hahahahahaha, that's it fella, there's no real hope for yer....hahahaha

I thought it was the NPCs with the buzzwords and groupthink!

I thought it was the NPCs with the buzzwords and groupthink!

From the undisputed MM buzzword champion - who uses "groupthink" in a sentence complaining about buzzwords.

Reminds me of fawlty towers "pretentious - moi?"

Yes, I thought it was a bit of a corker too.

Groupthink's not a buzzword, it was coined in 1952.

Stop being silly. Of course it's a buzzword.

I think this is quite relevant

"What is really going on when someone complains of “groupthink” is a kind of bovine attempt at self-glamorisation. You follow the herd and parrot groupthink, whereas I am a superior maverick able to think for myself and unmask the nonsense that everyone else believes. This implicit claim, however, is quite severely undermined by the cliche of using the term “groupthink” itself. After all, given that it’s so lamentably common, to accuse others of groupthink is about the most groupthinky thing you can do."

From the Guardian but very true

I quite like the Queen.

Read the BBC news site, there every single day. Today's main one https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45838021

"Newsbeat" is where most of these stories come from, but they get put on the front page.

Then how they use their most popular shows like Eastenders and Dr Who for propaganda purposes.

I honestly don't know if left-wingers genuinely believe the BBC is right-wing and are dense or are trying to cover for the huge left-wing propaganda operation they're running.
    I don't watch Eastenders any more because it is so dreary and dull everybody is downtrodden and pissed off all the time then I realised that this is the most realistic soap of all. This is what life is really like in the East End of London where there is no money and few decent jobs.It sums up what it is like to live in Britain if you've no money. its a feckin miserable existence .Its nowt to do with the programme being left wing it is to do with the programme being a good reflection of the society many live in. Poor jobs, violence, crime, poor housing, lack of hope etc. It ain't a message from the left wing its a message to the left wing ie don't forget us poor buggers- and everybody else for that matter. You don't have to put a political slant on tv culture just show life as it really is.

Maybe we should sanitise all programmes for you gfire so it seems everything is hunky bloody dory.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-10-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Help! I think someone has slipped LSD in my beer. Either that or gf and Roly are genuinely trying to find hidden meanings within EastEnders, with Roly confidently asserting that it represents what life is really like in the East End of London even though he says he doesn't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I don't watch Eastenders any more because it is so dreary and dull everybody is downtrodden and pissed off all the time then I realised that this is the most realistic soap of all. This is what life is really like in the East End of London where there is no money and few decent jobs.It sums up what it is like to live in Britain if you've no money. its a feckin miserable existence .Its nowt to do with the programme being left wing it is to do with the programme being a good reflection of the society many live in. Poor jobs, violence, crime, poor housing, lack of hope etc. It ain't a message from the left wing its a message to the left wing ie don't forget us poor buggers- and everybody else for that matter. You don't have to put a political slant on tv culture just show life as it really is.

Maybe we should sanitise all programmes for you gfire so it seems everything is hunky bloody dory.
    It's nothing like the East End of London, never has been.

Used to be a bit like Es*** but not even like that anymore.

It's set in a special BBC fantasyland now I think.

The real East End is full of Bangladeshis and Hipsters.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast