+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'd scrap international weekends rather than the Checkatrade Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    That reminds me, I collected 3 gallons of chicken manure and steeped it in water.....the smell is getting a bit intense in this 30 degree temperature....
    Are you sure that nasty aroma isn't coming from right under your nose?

Maybe from somewhere like the tip of your brown coloured tongue?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are you sure that nasty aroma isn't coming from right under your nose?

Maybe from somewhere like the tip of your brown coloured tongue?
    Shouldn't you be in bed by now?.....unless you've pooped yourself again and the women in your house are giving you another bed-bath whilst you type furiously

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Excellent idea. The authorities should make it known well before the season starts that this is the case, so any club that signs players with possible international commitments are fully aware of what could happen.

The idea that a League 2 Notts County v Oldham Athletic fixture could be postponed because of this is beyond bizarre.
    It is. And it'll probably knock 1500 off the gate. I have zero interest in international football these days. Even the World Cup only served to make me realise how much more I love supporting Notts than England.

It’s another thread that’s turned into the Tarquin and Elite show.

Quote Originally Posted by macstop View Post
    Not a bad Saturday, me and my partner went to watch Basford United v Stalybridge, excellent game apart from the wind, and United won 5-2.
    Do you know the attendance when I got home from work there was two coaches parked outside my house .think it was away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Do you know the attendance when I got home from work there was two coaches parked outside my house .think it was away fans.
    Apparently yesterday was 'Non League Day' and the Basford game will feature on Central News tomorrow:

On Saturday we are at home to Stalybridge Celtic (3.0) and to mark Non League Day the club will be featured in local media.
    BBC Radio Nottingham's Friday evening programme ‘The Terrace’ will be broadcast from Greenwich Avenue, and will feature interviews with club officials as well as news on the local Football League clubs.

Interviews will also be transmitted on a Radio Nottingham programme on Saturday which will focus on the running of non-league football clubs.

Central TV cameras will be attending the game on Saturday and will be conducting interviews with club officials, players and supporters for broadcast on Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    It’s another thread that’s turned into the Tarquin and Elite show.
    I love Tarkers sense of humour..........and Elite for thinking he's also got one.
    Last edited by navypie; 14-10-2018 at 08:58 AM.

You must have a big house.

There was 415 at the game, my guess is one of the coaches was for the way team?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Sacking off matches for internationals should be restricted to the Premier League only. Everyone else should jolly well get on with it.
    How about sacking off international matches altogether, given that the eligibility rules for representing a country have made them all but meaningless.

Always makes me laugh when commentators refer to international football as the "highest level", when in fact the vast majority of international teams contain a couple of star players supplemented by whatever rabble a country can cobble together. The standard of most international matches is poor.
    Last edited by jackal2; 14-10-2018 at 11:21 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast