+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'd scrap international weekends rather than the Checkatrade Trophy

I'd scrap international weekends rather than the Checkatrade Trophy

It's October and it feels like a boring summer Saturday in the middle of July.

I think that we should get a life mate,I've been bored stiff all day, Saturdays at this time of year are meant for football either live down the Lane or on Radio Red,I'm certain that at our level any club that can afford to employ " Internationals" can live without them for a game!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I think that we should get a life mate,I've been bored stiff all day, Saturdays at this time of year are meant for football either live down the Lane or on Radio Red,I'm certain that at our level any club that can afford to employ " Internationals" can live without them for a game!
    Only a bit of racing has saved me from complete boredom. It's another reason to oppose the introduction of Premiership B teams into real football. Not long back there was a proposal for a change to 5 divisions of 20 clubs making the Football League consist of 100 clubs. That would have meant a reduction from 46 games per season to 38 games. Guess where they really wanted the extra 8 clubs to come from? There were denials at the time, but it was obviously done with an eye to Greed League B teams getting competitive games. Thankfully the very loud and passionate objection from the vast majority of lower league fans* was enough to make them bin the idea.

* Premier League arse licking Mexican goat herders need not reply. We already know how easily you would sell your soul.

Having only attended the last three LG games would of been nice to keep the run going, next game will be Oldham on the Tuesday evening.
    Went into work today rather than loaf around

Sacking off matches for internationals should be restricted to the Premier League only. Everyone else should jolly well get on with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Sacking off matches for internationals should be restricted to the Premier League only. Everyone else should jolly well get on with it.
    Excellent idea. The authorities should make it known well before the season starts that this is the case, so any club that signs players with possible international commitments are fully aware of what could happen.

The idea that a League 2 Notts County v Oldham Athletic fixture could be postponed because of this is beyond bizarre.

I would imagine most clubs in the lower leagues can't afford having games moved from a Saturday. Unavoidable when we have bad weather but not because they have a St Kitts and Nevis under 18 international.

I'd scrap them both.

Not a bad Saturday, me and my partner went to watch Basford United v Stalybridge, excellent game apart from the wind, and United won 5-2.
    Last edited by macstop; 13-10-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

* Premier League arse licking Mexican goat herders need not reply. We already know how easily you would sell your soul.
    That reminds me, I collected 3 gallons of chicken manure and steeped it in water.....the smell is getting a bit intense in this 30 degree temperature....I need to spread it on the pepper and tomato bed tomorrow....it's either ready, or Snobhead1 is back from his holiday?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast