+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I'd scrap international weekends rather than the Checkatrade Trophy

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    How does it feel after a 3-2 victory away against the most in form team in the world at the moment (no defeats in 27 games)? I watched it, and it was light years ahead of watching that 'enthralling' 0-2 defeat to Newcastle U23's in that tin pot , pub trophy bollox cup last Tuesday. Nuff said.
    Do you mean to say watching England beat Spain has the edge over Notts reserves losing to Newcastle reserves? How unexpected! You surprise me, you really do, I would never have thought that. It takes all sorts I suppose.

I didn't watch the England game, have no interest in internationals unless it's a summer tournament or an important play-off. Hate the Checkatrade but at least it doesn't wipe out scheduled Saturday fixtures. So on that basis I'd much much rather scrap international breaks - Which isn't going to happen I know, but lower league clubs should get together and agree to do without the odd player or two for effected games.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234