+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotland squad

Quote Originally Posted by fairliered View Post
    Shinnie may prefer to play in a league where he is not targeted by referees.
    He gets more bookings he deserves than doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Hopefully I’m wrong but my guess is that they’d have re-signed by now if they were going to?
    I agree with others that their likely holding off to see what offers can be achieved, but also would not be surprised if there was an announcement to be made just before the final.
    Maybe more likely to be Ferguson.

Question for you lot....if Shinnie doesn’t sign an extension before the cup final should we let Scott McKenna captain the Dons for the final and until we sell him?

More reasitcally Devlin and Ferguson sign extensions and take the captaincy and vice captaincy as part of justifying their new wages.

Just a thought, who in the championship will want to sign Shinnie? If he was playing LB week in and week out he could take his pick, however as a CM I cant see that many teams who would want him in that position and I also wonder if Shinnie is prepared to play where he is told and go back to where he is best.

Stand Free

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Question for you lot....if Shinnie doesn’t sign an extension before the cup final should we let Scott McKenna captain the Dons for the final and until we sell him?
    I’d say Chris Forrester for captain after all he flourished in the role at Peterborough ! Andy as vice captain

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    More reasitcally Devlin and Ferguson sign extensions and take the captaincy and vice captaincy as part of justifying their new wages.
    Well, must admit, I did think Shinnie would have re-signed by now.

Last week, Shinnie said something along the lines of "It will work itself out soon enough." I took that to mean that an announcement was imminent and that it would be good news, because no way will the club admit, before the end of the year, that he is moving on at the end of his contract. Maybe, maybe not.

At the end of the day, we have to be progressive and plan ahead, regarding replacements, and take these things on the chin. The way he played at the weekend, fcking no loss anyway.

Eh? McKenna will be gone before Shinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    I’d say Chris Forrester for captain after all he flourished in the role at Peterborough ! Andy as vice captain

I admit I got something wrong about Forrester and the other chap Gleeson when they signed. I said they would be like the new Kerr and McDonald on the pitch. F@ck me, how wrong could I have been as Kerr and McDonald were actually better players!

No because it’s a different scenario to Ryan Jack,he was about to sign for the Huns a few weeks after the Scottish cup final so unless Shinnie tells the club he is off to the scum in January he should still be the captain.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast