+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rival Watch

I think Luton will be a top 6 side at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    I think Luton will be a top 6 side at the end of the season
    Yeh I'd agree with that Mr C , every chance to make the play offs .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Yeh I'd agree with that Mr C , every chance to make the play offs .
    Yes I actually agree guys, this Luton team could and should be challenging for the play offs this season. But whether they will, thats another subject altogether isn't it lol.

We have had a great start and shown some fantastic resilience and fighting spirit but there is a long way to go! I’ve seen us play some of the best football for years this season already, but unfortunately some of the worst as well!
    It appears though that this group have turned a corner and I think this is down to key players picking up injuries and us still getting results, todays game being real evidence that we can still perform without some major players! The message sent out by Stendel that he trusts the entire squad was proved right today, Davies, Moore, Dougall all absent our new Striker yet to kick a ball, Fryers and Issy taking longer to heal than an Egyptian mummy!
    We should have enough to do well this season? I await the Sunderland game eagerly but watching the highlights of them on TV fills me with optimism because we are a better TEAM than them as we seem more cohesive and they have a soft centre when attacked at pace.
    I think it will be us a Pompey that go up just because of the Jackett factor and that Sunderland’s team a quite new to one another! I like Sunderland though and hope it’s them although some of their fans comments are quite underwhelming and “up themselves” which after what they have gone through recently is a bit narrow minded!
    Peterborough, Donny, Luton, Accrington, Warsaw et al can turn it on sometimes but their capability to last the season near the top is up for debate because a couple of major injuries can wreck you in this league.
    Last edited by perkytyke; 13-10-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Like animal stated we bet a good lg1 team today when we had 1/2 of our players missing and overcome ět there's not many teams in this lg if any can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    We have had a great start and shown some fantastic resilience and fighting spirit but there is a long way to go! I’ve seen us play some of the best football for years this season already, but unfortunately some of the worst as well!
    It appears though that this group have turned a corner and I think this is down to key players picking up injuries and us still getting results, todays game being real evidence that we can still perform without some major players! The message sent out by Stendel that he trusts the entire squad was proved right today, Davies, Moore, Dougall all absent our new Striker yet to kick a ball, Fryers and Issy taking longer to heal than an Egyptian mummy!
    We should have enough to do well this season? I await the Sunderland game eagerly but watching the highlights of them on TV fills me with optimism because we are a better TEAM than them as we seem more cohesive and they have a soft centre when attacked at pace.
    I think it will be us a Pompey that go up just because of the Jackett factor and that Sunderland’s team a quite new to one another! I like Sunderland though and hope it’s them although some of their fans comments are quite underwhelming and “up themselves” which after what they have gone through recently is a bit narrow minded!
    Peterborough, Donny, Luton, Accrington, Warsaw et al can turn it on sometimes but their capability to last the season near the top is up for debate because a couple of major injuries can wreck you in this league.
    Good post perky , nail it on the head .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I worked in donny for a number of years, never met a more deluded bunch of people in all my life. The donny fans were all spouting "premier league in 3 seasons" when they got promoted to the championship.

They nick their heritage from anywhere and everywhere to make their town seem more credible. Their club crest is a viking, ask most Donny fans and they'll tell you it's because doncaster was a famous viking town ( erm - ever heard of York ??) when in fact their old owner changed the club kit and badge but couldn't think what badge to have so settled on one derived from his favourite car which was a rover.

I heard folk say it was the "Chester of Yorkshire" because there was once a Roman settlement there - wasn't there one everywhere ??
    Finally they nicked Robin Hood for the name of the airport ffs !!

essentially it's an inward looking snobby town with the highest pikey population in England and a football heritage that's nowt to write home about, take the pyss out of Barnsley & Rotherham for some reason,love it when we beat them at that cake tin stadium they built.

As I was posting on the Burnsley & Derby boards last night, I was interested to see some of their fans compliment us on a 'highly entertaining game of footy', and at the style of footy we played.
    Fingers crossed guys, we are building something here and even if its done slowly, its still progress isn't it after a relegation season.
    Daniel Stendel seems to be a 1000% more professional and knowledgeable than Jose Morais was/is, and dare we say it eh... the P word... even at this early stage should we be thinking about Promotion ?.

I think we'll have to see what January says about our owners before I get too excited.
    For now I'll take games likes yesterday and watching the reds win games at Oakwell rather than expecting them to lose at home as we did consistently under Hecky last year.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I worked in donny for a number of years, never met a more deluded bunch of people in all my life. The donny fans were all spouting "premier league in 3 seasons" when they got promoted to the championship.

They nick their heritage from anywhere and everywhere to make their town seem more credible. Their club crest is a viking, ask most Donny fans and they'll tell you it's because doncaster was a famous viking town ( erm - ever heard of York ??) when in fact their old owner changed the club kit and badge but couldn't think what badge to have so settled on one derived from his favourite car which was a rover.

I heard folk say it was the "Chester of Yorkshire" because there was once a Roman settlement there - wasn't there one everywhere ??
    Finally they nicked Robin Hood for the name of the airport ffs !!

essentially it's an inward looking snobby town with the highest pikey population in England and a football heritage that's nowt to write home about, take the pyss out of Barnsley & Rotherham for some reason,love it when we beat them at that cake tin stadium they built.
    The Arsenal Of The North was my favourite John Ryan quote .

Deluded beyond belief .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast