+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rival Watch

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    I worked in donny for a number of years, never met a more deluded bunch of people in all my life. The donny fans were all spouting "premier league in 3 seasons" when they got promoted to the championship.

They nick their heritage from anywhere and everywhere to make their town seem more credible. Their club crest is a viking, ask most Donny fans and they'll tell you it's because doncaster was a famous viking town ( erm - ever heard of York ??) when in fact their old owner changed the club kit and badge but couldn't think what badge to have so settled on one derived from his favourite car which was a rover.

I heard folk say it was the "Chester of Yorkshire" because there was once a Roman settlement there - wasn't there one everywhere ??
    Finally they nicked Robin Hood for the name of the airport ffs !!

essentially it's an inward looking snobby town with the highest pikey population in England and a football heritage that's nowt to write home about, take the pyss out of Barnsley & Rotherham for some reason,love it when we beat them at that cake tin stadium they built.
    Thev gorra good racetrack, al gi em that

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Thev gorra good racetrack, al gi em that
    Hey Pass, do they race their caravans on that particular race track ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey Pass, do they race their caravans on that particular race track ?.
    No, but they close off the section of the A19 north of askern on a Sunday morning to race them pikey carts they have.
    Prefer York races if am honest, different class and very well organised.

Ripon is a nice little course for a family day out

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The Arsenal Of The North was my favourite John Ryan quote .

Deluded beyond belief .
    Too right, I met John a couple of times and really liked him as a bloke, proper local lad made good who desperately wanted to take Donny beyond the level their made to be at and put his own money in to try and make it happen.

Deluded yes, but reminded me very much of John Denis in the way he loved his club.All went a bit sour when he tried to buy it wi that kid from one direction. Don't think he's involved at all now.

No, but they close off the section of the A19 north of askern on a Sunday morning to race them pikey carts they have. Prefer York races if am honest, different class and very well organised. Ripon is a nice little course for a family day out.
    You seem to know what your on about there Flag, is there summat that your not telling us eh kid ?.

You seem to know what your on about there Flag, is there summat that your not telling us eh kid ?.
    worked in pikey town long enough to know mi onions, thankfully was able to get out before I developed a taste for roast hedgehog.

but if you want any tarmac laying i know a man who's a bit left over from a job

Too right, I met John a couple of times and really liked him as a bloke, proper local lad made good who desperately wanted to take Donny beyond the level their made to be at and put his own money in to try and make it happen.

Deluded yes, but reminded me very much of John Denis in the way he loved his club.All went a bit sour when he tried to buy it wi that kid from one direction. Don't think he's involved at all now.
    Met him myself red flagged on the train down to the FA cup semi in 2008 .

Bored me to tears , the fecker never shut up for two hours .

I don't do the star struck thing , never have , thought he was a bit of a t@sser myself .

Mind you it was a big day , I was apprehensive and in need of a fag and a beer so that didn't help on the journey down .

worked in pikey town long enough to know mi onions, thankfully was able to get out before I developed a taste for roast hedgehog. but if you want any tarmac laying i know a man who's a bit left over from a job
    Goodness me Flag matey, you really do know those stinky Pikies don't you ?. lol
    But seriously guys, should we be worrying about these dirty foul Donny gyppos after all ?.

Goodness me Flag matey, you really do know those stinky Pikies don't you ?. lol
    But seriously guys, should we be worrying about these dirty foul Donny gyppos after all ?.
    We don't need to worry about anybody around us .

The only thing that will prevent us either winning the league or not getting promoted are the ones who wear the suits at Oakwell .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    We don't need to worry about anybody around us .

The only thing that will prevent us either winning the league or not getting promoted are the ones who wear the suits at Oakwell .
    Exactly...... We will see JUST HOW BIG THEIR BILLY BEANS ARE in January!
    Don’t get me wrong.... I am VERY happy with what I’ve seen this season, Very happy..... but when January comes we will see just what BEANS this club has.
    SELLING OUR TALENT , (if we are top 3 or 4 ) and then miss promotion will alienate support that will take another 5 years to regain. The fans will not believe and back the club in the way they have after relegation if they see another asset disposal like last time....they will not forgive the way they have conducted business. They will walk away, and perhaps never come back. If they think that this fan base will swallow another January like we had before and still come back with £320 season ticket investment then they will be mistaken.
    I love this club... have done since the days of Arblaster, Bobby Doyle, Hampstead, Frank Sharp and Loyden.....
    But I’ll seriously not be putting my £320 (x2) if the powers that be decree that we sell our assets in January.

The talent is there Animal...... You ARE right. It’s down to the suits......
    And I don’t trust them one bit

Do you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast