+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rival Watch

It doesn’t really matter what other boards say - to big yourself up, sometimes you have to denegrate others - not nice but who cares - we’re only a “team like Barnsley” after all
    How the mackems can talk about Potts when they have Cattermole shows how daft they are - let’s do our talking on the pitch, not on the keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Exactly...... We will see JUST HOW BIG THEIR BILLY BEANS ARE in January!
    Don’t get me wrong.... I am VERY happy with what I’ve seen this season, Very happy..... but when January comes we will see just what BEANS this club has.
    SELLING OUR TALENT , (if we are top 3 or 4 ) and then miss promotion will alienate support that will take another 5 years to regain. The fans will not believe and back the club in the way they have after relegation if they see another asset disposal like last time....they will not forgive the way they have conducted business. They will walk away, and perhaps never come back. If they think that this fan base will swallow another January like we had before and still come back with £320 season ticket investment then they will be mistaken.
    I love this club... have done since the days of Arblaster, Bobby Doyle, Hampstead, Frank Sharp and Loyden.....
    But I’ll seriously not be putting my £320 (x2) if the powers that be decree that we sell our assets in January.

The talent is there Animal...... You ARE right. It’s down to the suits......
    And I don’t trust them one bit

Do you?
    I neither trust them or don't trust em Jules , I've a totally open mind on the matter in all honesty .

What I do know is that something is getting built here with Stendel and Winkler , these two are the real deal , with the right kind of backing they could take us to a level we haven't seen in twenty years .

I sense something with these two and I look at the players they have inherited and how much better they are performing , yes ok it's a level lower and I take that point but I've watched football long enough to know when players are genuinely improving and when they aren't .

Stendel and Winkler have improved many of these players and brought the talent out .

If the owners want to risk a bit of a hole in their personal finance and own a club in the PL then backing these two would be the time to do it .

Personally I'll settle for the league one title and we will take it from there .

Thats exactly what Ive said on a few other threads this weekend Animal, I also totally stick up for Stendel and his team for their professional approach.
    And regardless of what happens this season or next, aren't they doing a better job than the ludeicrous Jose Morais! ?.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I neither trust them or don't trust em Jules , I've a totally open mind on the matter in all honesty .

What I do know is that something is getting built here with Stendel and Winkler , these two are the real deal , with the right kind of backing they could take us to a level we haven't seen in twenty years .
    Bloody hell mate that's a bit bold considering we haven't past the Jan window yet! However, i do admire that kind of optimism. The defining moment of our season will be January imo. If we strengthen the squad I have every faith we'll be successful, if it's the usual January transfer window this club has then it'll be a tough ask to win promotion. As you say, the suits will dictate what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Bloody hell mate that's a bit bold considering we haven't past the Jan window yet! However, i do admire that kind of optimism. The defining moment of our season will be January imo. If we strengthen the squad I have every faith we'll be successful, if it's the usual January transfer window this club has then it'll be a tough ask to win promotion. As you say, the suits will dictate what happens.
    What I'm hoping to see Pass is Stendel , Winkler , the squad and fans drive this thing forward and in turn the ownership will back the project .

When I say back the project I'm hoping we can start to keep our better players , the better players may be tempted to sign improved deals if ambition is in the air , one of Cryne's major flaws was that he tended to kill aspiration at the first sign of progress and the culture at the club wasn't right .

The odd gamble with a few quid if we are challenging the play off positions in january a level higher perhaps instead of selling the family silver would help massively .

Progress requires a shake of the dice , with the Germans and a young exciting squad I'd be very disappointed if the opportunity went begging once again .

Relatively early days I'll admit but the feeling around the town and club is very positive at the moment , you have to invest in this in my opinion and ride the wave or what's the point .

we'll find out in January whether the "long term plan" spoken of by our new owners is to continue to be a selling club giving them a more or less guaranteed return on their investment from player sales, or to gamble on winning promotion and building from there potentially giving a greater return over time.

Not sure which camp they've got their feet in just yet but we're only a couple of months before finding out aren't we.

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    we'll find out in January whether the "long term plan" spoken of by our new owners is to continue to be a selling club giving them a more or less guaranteed return on their investment from player sales, or to gamble on winning promotion and building from there potentially giving a greater return over time.

Not sure which camp they've got their feet in just yet but we're only a couple of months before finding out aren't we.
    Another January 2017 and you may see divides between club and fan that possibly won't ever be repaired in my opinion redflagged .

I take the point that if players heads are turned with the prospect of 30k a week then it's difficult to keep them here , the trick is to quickly re-invest the fee totally back in to the squad , I feel that would at least soften any blow .

Any taking of profit by the owners and a slide down the league table could prove fatal for the club / fan relationship .

I'd tread extremely careful if I were the owners this January .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    What I'm hoping to see Pass is Stendel , Winkler , the squad and fans drive this thing forward and in turn the ownership will back the project .

When I say back the project I'm hoping we can start to keep our better players , the better players may be tempted to sign improved deals if ambition is in the air , one of Cryne's major flaws was that he tended to kill aspiration at the first sign of progress and the culture at the club wasn't right .

The odd gamble with a few quid if we are challenging the play off positions in january a level higher perhaps instead of selling the family silver would help massively .

Progress requires a shake of the dice , with the Germans and a young exciting squad I'd be very disappointed if the opportunity went begging once again .

Relatively early days I'll admit but the feeling around the town and club is very positive at the moment , you have to invest in this in my opinion and ride the wave or what's the point .

I agree there's a buzz around the club. It's easy to destroy that as we've seen under Cryne in Jan 2017. I see Conway was in the director box on setdy. I didn't think we'd see too much of the new owners if I'm honest but fair play, they do turn up. If he(Conway) knows his football then he surely what he saw on Saturday would've impressed him, not only that but looking at how the team is set up and playing under Stendel there's a huge positive sign that we can definitely go places if this management team are allowed to carry on their work without losing a load of key players.

Surely it would have to be daft money for us to sell anyone in January. You have to factor in the £6m they could lose by breaking up a good side. Interesting times ahead

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast