Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
I worked in donny for a number of years, never met a more deluded bunch of people in all my life. The donny fans were all spouting "premier league in 3 seasons" when they got promoted to the championship.

They nick their heritage from anywhere and everywhere to make their town seem more credible. Their club crest is a viking, ask most Donny fans and they'll tell you it's because doncaster was a famous viking town ( erm - ever heard of York ??) when in fact their old owner changed the club kit and badge but couldn't think what badge to have so settled on one derived from his favourite car which was a rover.

I heard folk say it was the "Chester of Yorkshire" because there was once a Roman settlement there - wasn't there one everywhere ??
Finally they nicked Robin Hood for the name of the airport ffs !!

essentially it's an inward looking snobby town with the highest pikey population in England and a football heritage that's nowt to write home about, take the pyss out of Barnsley & Rotherham for some reason,love it when we beat them at that cake tin stadium they built.
Thev gorra good racetrack, al gi em that