+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the Sky Sports viewers said

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Al say this bud, if we keep our players that to me, will show me this clubs intent. And I'm 50/50 on it, its not paddys club now it belongs to folk wi brass, they have the opportunity to tell the fans somethin ere. We'll respond well to that. Cos i can't remember us doin it afoor. Always somebody goin, i wanna keep em, add to em and evolve em. Got some canny players like

Totally agree mate, the transfer window will tell us where our ambitions lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    Al say this bud, if we keep our players that to me, will show me this clubs intent. And I'm 50/50 on it, its not paddys club now it belongs to folk wi brass, they have the opportunity to tell the fans somethin ere. We'll respond well to that. Cos i can't remember us doin it afoor. Always somebody goin, i wanna keep em, add to em and evolve em. Got some canny players like
    Yes that torch has well and truly been passed on now hasn't it, Chien & Goatee & co totally run the club now, and its up to them how much they want to spend/invest in the future. In all fairness to them this season, they have maybe realised their mistakes (Jose Morais of course), and have brought in a better looking team of manager/coaches this time.

But for me the 'acid/acido' test lol, is what they do or rather don't do in January when our better players start attracting the attentions of the bigger clubs. Like you say Bank, 'Intent' is starting to become a big word here as we look to the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Let's face it we were never really under the radar anyway lads. Up there as pre season favourites, squad retained, high profile owners, Goathairs letter going viral. We've had much publicity.
    Us and Sunderland were the ones being talked about by other supporters pre season. Pompey have surprised with their start as well as Peterborough. Lets see how the table looks on new years day, then we'll have a better idea who's in the running
    I don't normally care what the bookies think Pass when it comes to us, but I agree Ive let it annoy me so many times in the past when they have put us down as 24th for the Champship season. And how many times did we prove them wrong with a great season, and Im looking forward to us doing that again in the not too distant future lol.
    Sunderland & Portsmouth were always going to be two of the faves this season, with the fanbases that they both have, they shouldn't be down at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't normally care what the bookies think Pass when it comes to us, but I agree Ive let it annoy me so many times in the past when they have put us down as 24th for the Champship season. And how many times did we prove them wrong with a great season, and Im looking forward to us doing that again in the not too distant future lol.
    Sunderland & Portsmouth were always going to be two of the faves this season, with the fanbases that they both have, they shouldn't be down at this level.

What planet are you on Acido
    Proved them wrong with a great season how many times in the last decade ?
    I would recommend that you look at our Championship record during that time
    Doesn't paint the same picture as your musings

Never finished 24th tho a dunt think. For what that's worth. Bottom 2nd bottom 3rd bottom yr all havin the same gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    What planet are you on Acido. Proved them wrong with a great season how many times in the last decade ?. I would recommend that you look at our Championship record during that time. Doesn't paint the same picture as your musings.
    If you don't like it Exile, you can always entertain us with your superb hilarious arguments with Kerravon instead, the mysterious Rotherham 'fan'.
    Look, I didn't say it was in the last 10 years for a start did I, so why are you mentioning that about in the last decade ?.
    During the 90s even, we were always looked at as rank outsiders in that league by the bookies. Whether you want to call it the Champship, or Division One etc.
    Last edited by Acido; 16-10-2018 at 09:13 PM.

If you don't like it Exile, you can always entertain us with your superb arguments with Kerravon, the Rotherham 'fan'.
    Are you not capable of answering without stooping so low
    & isn't he the one you called something rude?

Are you not capable of answering without stooping so low. & isn't he the one you called something rude?
    Ive answered you Exile, and Im not wasting my time anymore when your being like this. Ok ?.

If you don't like it Exile, you can always entertain us with your superb hilarious arguments with Kerravon instead, the mysterious Rotherham 'fan'.
    Look, I didn't say it was in the last 10 years for a start did I, so why are you mentioning that about in the last decade ?.
    During the 90s even, we were always looked at as rank outsiders in that league by the bookies. Whether you want to call it the Champship, or Division One etc.
    Forgive me but when you say Championship I thought you meant Championship which only started in 2006 [about a decade]
    My mistake but that's why I referred to the last decade because that's approximately when the Championship started & why have you deemed it necessary to introduce the Rotherham fan [ except to be spiteful] who has no bearing on this subject unless you want to have an underhanded dig? I did note that you changed your post but you're quite adept at that aren't you?
    If you don't wish to continue Don't bother then you must be so busy
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 16-10-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Forgive me but when you say Championship I thought you meant Championship which only started in 2006 [about a decade]
    My mistake but that's why I referred to the last decade because that's approximately when the Championship started & why have you deemed it necessary to introduce the Rotherham fan [ except to be spiteful] who has no bearing on this subject unless you want to have an underhanded dig?
    Apology accepted kid, and Im sure it won't be the last one on here.

Look in all fairness Exile, I always call this League 'the Champship' now (I call it that on every FM board I post on), and this goes back to when it was the old Second Division, or Division Two, or the new Division One etc.

Remember season 1994-95 eh, we were one of the three relegation favourites with Grimsby & Southend, and we almost made the play offs that season. Thats what I mean by us having a great season and proving their pre-season odds wrong!.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast