+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Blades

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    All very believable, the bit in bold, Mista, however, how often do teams go into an international brea
    k on fire and come out of it extinguished or vice versa?

The bit in blue? We ARE indeed Derby and anything can and will happen. We should also not forget that this is the Championship and, there too, anything can and will happen.

I think we will get something out of this game. Not necessarily the win, more than likely a draw.
    MA just hope your right !

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA just hope your right !
    Me too Mista.

Thought we played quite well tonight in a game that could have gone either way.

I always think we play better against sides that try and play football and Utd did that.

In the end our younger legs carried us through and I thought both of our goals were brilliantly taken.

Fozzy redeemed himself with that cross after a poor performance from him on the whole. Waghorn offered little again, he just doesn't seem able to get with the pace of the game.

Marriott plays on that last man and will score a hat full if we give him the service.

A good start to a very difficult run of games.

Great to see Curtis back.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Thought we played quite well tonight in a game that could have gone either way.

I always think we play better against sides that try and play football and Utd did that.

In the end our younger legs carried us through and I thought both of our goals were brilliantly taken.

Fozzy redeemed himself with that cross after a poor performance from him on the whole. Waghorn offered little again, he just doesn't seem able to get with the pace of the game.

Marriott plays on that last man and will score a hat full if we give him the service.

Bryson is going to be a loss, we lost bite when he went crook. Bogle continues to frustrate me with suspect distribution and a reluctance to cross, but other than that, pretty good stuff. And where DID sheff u’s endeavour go in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Bryson is going to be a loss, we lost bite when he went crook. Bogle continues to frustrate me with suspect distribution and a reluctance to cross, but other than that, pretty good stuff. And where DID sheff u’s endeavour go in the second half?
    Maybe they burnt out in the first half. They were hunting us down in packs and that must have used up a hell of a lot of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Have they said how long Bryson is expected to be out Andy? He took his goal really well and any absence will be a loss.

I don't think Frank can afford to be so attack minded at WBA and Boro so Johnson might find himself straight back in.

Huddlestones use of the ball under pressure was a cut above but 3 games in a week might be a bit much.

There was some poor passing and decision making generally but also some very bright moments. Anything better than 2pts would be a good return in the next two games.

I'm heading to Asia on Tues so will miss plenty WBA, Boro and Chelsea which are all on the box I think.

Great division to watch this season. Leeds, WBA, Stoke and Forest all lose yesterday which brings their victors further in to a pack of about 16 teams. It's like the old days of 2pts for a win.

Chalk and cheese. A game of 2 halves.

First half we were the better side...................... for 5 minutes. Bryson scored after 19 seconds without them having touched the ball. Next 4 minutes we may have had 1 or 2 more if Wilson had been able to get the ball past the first defender. After that it was the Blades in the ascendency. They had a massive amount of possession and left us with only counters to relieve the pressure. Sharp looked good, drifting into space in and around the box but they failed to give the pass he needed. Their pressure finally told on 41 minutes. An attack down the left, the ball came inside to Fleck who ran through 5 or 6 defenders before passing to Basham who was unmarked at the far post. Many will say Fozzy's fault for leaving Basham but he had moved inside to cover Sharp who had backed away from Tomori into space. Stay with your man or cover their main striker? IMO Fozzy made the right decision. Apart from the 2 goals, the defences were more than a match for everything that came their way.

I expected the 2nd half to be more of the same but FL and Jody had taken to a side room for a 5 minute chat on what to do to get back into the game before passing it on to the team in the dressing room. Sheff U were a shadow of their 1st half selves and Derby bossed the half and had the best of it. Poor last passes and crosses were the only blot on the 2nd half perofrmance. Finally, a very good cross from Fozzy found Marriott and he directed the ball into the net for what turned out to be the winner.

In general, Bryson was having a cracker before picking up a calf injury and having to go off and was replaced by Lawrence. The 2 full backs didn't have the best of games. Wilson and Lawrence still have to learn to move the ball on quicker. We need to practice crossing as well. Wilson still needs to learn to use his right foot. Jozefzoon was again poor. I can only think that FL's "love child" is injured or he (M HAS to be in the XVIII in place of Flo Jo on Wednesday.

Carson 6 never troubled apart from that one dropped ball late on
    Forsyth 6 defensively OK but his distribution was poor
    Bryson 7 Having great game before his injury
    Tomori 5 Got away with losing his man a lot. Needs to learn not to lose his man
    Keogh (C) 6 Solid at the back
    Wilson 6 Too many too long runs, no right foot, too easily knocked off the ball
    Mount 8 A 7 performance that rose to 8 with that goalline save
    Waghorn 6 busy. Created his one chance himself put it just wide/over
    Marriott 7 Good performance and a well taken winner
    Bogle 6 not his best game of the season especially going forward
    Huddlestone 7 cool, calm and collected

Substitutes used:
    Lawrence Too far with the ball too often. Little end product.
    Jozefzoon Poor
    Davies came on, we went to a back 3 and he looked assured

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Thought we played quite well tonight in a game that could
    have gone either way.

Manx your right Waghorn offered little But that's not surprising when you play a totally left footed central striker in the right wing ( what's all that about ) MoM for me Huddleston controlled the midfield second half class player

Odd performance from Huddleston yesterday, mista. I thought he was awful in the first half. So poor and anonymous I’d actually have taken him off at half time. Second half, I agree...he transformed himself into the best player on the pitch.
    Good that he can turn things round but very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Odd performance from Huddleston yesterday, mista. I thought he was awful in the first half. So poor andanonymous I’d actually have taken him off at half time. Second half, I agree...he transformed himself into the best player on the pitch.
    Good that he can turn things round but very frustrating.
    RA all about opinions i just thought he was our best player Congrats on forecasting correct score

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)