+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Derby v Blades

[QUOTE=Romanis;39045389]Today you face a tough test at WBA. I don't foresee a win for you, a loss is likelier and a draw would be a
    good result.
    But my guessing is weak, so maybe I'm all wrong and you win which would be good for the league I suppose.[/QUOTE

Hmm you have us down for a loss maybe a draw and a win Bet you get one of them right 😊😊

I don't foresee a win, a loss is likelier and a draw a good result.

Yup very difficult to understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Funny how we agree that its the old stager Nugent who should run himself ragged...but all power to him
    We obviously have an affinity with him

After the last 2 games, however, I can only see, barring injury, Marriott starting in the #9 role.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We obviously have an affinity with him

After the last 2 games, however, I can only see, barring injury, Marriott starting in the #9 role.
    Marriot is a good buy, we were interested too or so we thought. I'm happy we went for Grabban, but Marriot is 1 for the future. I dunno if he'll score buckets for you this term but I believe next year, he'll do very well.

3 starts, 3 goals. Not fit when he arrived and off the pace in his sub appearances. Now definitely up and running.

3 starts, 3 goals. Not fit when he arrived and off the pace in his sub appearances. Now definitely up and running.
    If he keeps it up, you'll make a good profit selling him on. We got Britt from Posh too and made close to 10 million in selling him on.
    Of course in an ideal world, you'd want him to remain and fire you to the Prem. If he does, even better, you'll probably sell him for 4 or 5x what you paid for him maybe even more. Grabban has 8 so far, but he's on the wrong side of 30 or around there, so we'll never really make a huge profit from selling him. Marriot has value, just as Blackburn hope to achieve by buying Brereton.

On another aspect, Lampard seems to be finally settling in. But the key question is whether, you have enough in reserve when injuries and suspension take its toll. Anyway it's way too early after almost 1/3 played to really say for sure who's gonna have successful seasons. You'd still expect Boro, Leeds and WBA to be in the mix, who else remains a wide open question. Norwich suddenly seem very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Lampard seems to be finally settling in. But the key question is whether, you have enough in reserve when injuries and suspension take its toll. Anyway it's way too early after almost 1/3 played to really say for sure who's gonna have successful seasons. You'd still expect Boro, Leeds and WBA to be in the mix, who else remains a wide open question. Norwich suddenly seem very good.
    Roos is a capable deputy for Carson.
    Bogle and Wisdom tussling for the RB berth.
    Forsyth, Malone and, when he gets from from his loan in January, Lowe for LB.
    Keogh, Davies, Tomori and Pearce for the 2 x CD places with Wisdom, Forsyth and Huddlestone all capable of playing there.
    Huddlestone, Johnson, Evans vying for the DM role and Tomori could play there too.
    RM Bryson and Wilson with Sibley and Bird as adequate cover
    LM Mount, Holmes, Butterfield and Jozefzoon with Sibley and Bird as adequate cover
    Front 3 choose between Marriott, Nugent, Waghorn, Bennett, Lawrence, Wilson, Holmes, Jozefzoon

I may have missed a couple of names. Anya not considered as he is probably off to MLS in the near future. More than adequate cover in all positions and even switching to a back 3 or a 1-4-4-2 / 1-4-2-3-1 we have players who can adapt to other roles be that in the starting XI or as cover.

I would be interested to learn the depth of your squad from you. Can NFFC match the depth Derby has?

Roos is a capable deputy for Carson.
    Bogle and Wisdom tussling for the RB berth.
    Forsyth, Malone and, when he gets from from his loan in January, Lowe for LB.
    Keogh, Davies, Tomori and Pearce for the 2 x CD places with Wisdom, Forsyth and Huddlestone all capable of playing there.
    Huddlestone, Johnson, Evans vying for the DM role and Tomori could play there too.
    RM Bryson and Wilson with Sibley and Bird as adequate cover
    LM Mount, Holmes, Butterfield and Jozefzoon with Sibley and Bird as adequate cover
    Front 3 choose between Marriott, Nugent, Waghorn, Bennett, Lawrence, Wilson, Holmes, Jozefzoon

I may have missed a couple of names. Anya not considered as he is probably off to MLS in the near future. More than adequate cover in all positions and even switching to a back 3 or a 1-4-4-2 / 1-4-2-3-1 we have players who can adapt to other roles be that in the starting XI or as cover.

I would be interested to learn the depth of your squad from you. Can NFFC match the depth Derby has?
    That's an easy answer. Karanka has bought a lot of players. If he doesn't have enough depth, he needs a good roasting.
    2 players for every position, that's what Tricky has described it.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    That's an easy answer. Karanka has bought a lot of players. If he doesn't have enough depth, he needs a good roasting.
    2 players for every position, that's what Tricky has described it.
    Yes he has but we don't know the NFFC squad as well as you Trees. Maybe you or tricky will explain who all these quality cover players are.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)