+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby v Blades

Any news on Bryson's injury?

Just found this in the DET.....

Craig Bryson is set to miss Derby County's Championship clash against West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns on Wednesday.

The Scottish midfielder limped off after 36 minutes of Saturday's 2-1 home victory over Sheffield United.

"He will struggle for West Brom," said manager Frank Lampard.

"It’s a small injury, so we’re hoping it’s a case of being out for days rather than weeks.

"We will assess him over the coming days.

looking back at some remarks pre-game, my word, where's your confidence man? Of course Derby can get beat but surely home advantage means something against teams that you usually know how to beat at home. On a betting perspective this was 1 game I could not foresee a home defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    looking back at some remarks pre-game, my word, where's your confidence man? Of course Derby can get
    beat but surely home advantage means something against teams that you usually know how to beat at home. On a betting perspective this was 1 game I could not foresee a home defeat.
    Well done Mr Hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Well done Mr Hindsight
    what himdsight? From the beginning I said you won't lose. Some of you just are so scared to be wrong.

Just how did a thread about Bryson's injury turn into a negative on poster's perceived lack of confidence?

It's now guessing game time. No Bryson against Tesco so who will take his place? I don't think we have another Bryson type in the squad so it won't be a like for like replacement. Looking throughout the club, young Sibley from the U23's is a utility player who cand defend, tackle and be creative. Full of energy and running. He has, IMO, the skill set, lung capacity and mind set to fill the gap.

Looking at WBA's home record this will be a tough un. Will FL stick with his preferred formation or might we see a continuation of the 1-3-5-2 we finished with against the Blades? Carson - Keogh, Davies, Tomori - Malone/Forsyth, Mount, Huddlestone, Lawrence/Wilson, Bogle/Wisdom - Marriott, Waghorn/Nugent.

Malone or Forsyth? Great cross for the winner from Fozzy on Saturday but he gave the ball away an awful lot and I doubt we would get away with it at the Hawthorns.

Lawrence or Wilson? Wilson had a good game at the weekend but with 5 in the middle Lawro is the better defender, despite his atrocious tackling where 90% of his challenges are fouls. Lawro for me.

Bogle or Wisdom? After a great start to the season, Bogle has, IMO, been less than average in his last 2 games and a rest might do him the world of good.

Waghorn or Nugent? Apart from the header he put wide when he should have hit the target and the left foot shot he engineered for himself that just missed the target I don't recall any end product from him in the form of positive passes/crosses. Nuge has had a rest, time for his energy again.

The players will know today, we have to wait until an hour before kick off tomorrow. Despite my musings above, I fully expect the usual system to be utilised.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

No Bryson against Tesco so who will take his place? IMO TWO experienced squad member playing out of character, one replacing the other after 60 mins - Johnson/Leadfoot/whoever, there's loads of bodies, just no Bryson

Will FL stick with his preferred formation? Yes

Malone or Forsyth? Malone, I quite liked him last time he started, Fozzy gives me the willies sometimes

Lawrence or Wilson? Wilson, I'm off Lawrence at the mo, too inconsistent and impulsive

Bogle or Wisdom? Give Wisdom a chance, Bogle has done really well but IMO has run out of mental energy

Waghorn or Nugent? Nugent If you're gonna pick a non-scoring centre forward, it might as well be one that busts his balls for the team

There are the views of Mr Knoweffall!

Today you face a tough test at WBA. I don't foresee a win for you, a loss is likelier and a draw would be a good result.
    But my guessing is weak, so maybe I'm all wrong and you win which would be good for the league I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    No Bryson against Tesco so who will take his place? IMO TWO experienced squad member playing out of character, one replacing the other after 60 mins - Johnson/Leadfoot/whoever, there's loads of bodies, just no Bryson

Will FL stick with his preferred formation? Yes

Malone or Forsyth? Malone, I quite liked him last time he started, Fozzy gives me the willies sometimes

Lawrence or Wilson? Wilson, I'm off Lawrence at the mo, too inconsistent and impulsive

Bogle or Wisdom? Give Wisdom a chance, Bogle has done really well but IMO has run out of mental energy

Waghorn or Nugent? Nugent If you're gonna pick a non-scoring centre forward, it might as well be one that busts his balls for the team

There are the views of Mr Knoweffall!
    No Leadfoot as he has had a minor op on his hip.

I agree with you on the formation but against this WBA side I would go the 3 at the back route, overrun them in MF and run them ragged at the back.

Fozzy had, for me, his worst game of the season on Saturday, however, if we stay back 4 I'd pick him, midfield 5, Malone

Out wide, Wilson in a front 3. If we go 5 in MF then Lawrence and Mount either side of Hudds in the middle.

Bogle or Wisdom. In a back 4 Wisdom as Bogle has been below par in the last 2 games and we should remember he is but a young lad and would probably benefit from a rest. In a 5 then the defensive duties will be less to the fore and then I would think Bogle might be refreshed by the change.

Nuge or Waggy. In a front 3, neither of them will get in ahead of Marriott, IMO and I would not play either of them out wide. Front 2, which would be the best pairing? I would go with Nuge for the first hour or so, running himself into the ground and Waggy coming on with fresh legs for the last 25 to 30.

It's all about opinions and they will vary. We won't all agree all of the time. If we did, this forum would have folded years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    No Leadfoot as he has had a minor op on his hip.

I agree with you on the formation but against this WBA side I would go the 3 at the back route, overrun them in MF and run them ragged at the back.

Fozzy had, for me, his worst game of the season on Saturday, however, if we stay back 4 I'd pick him, midfield 5, Malone

Out wide, Wilson in a front 3. If we go 5 in MF then Lawrence and Mount either side of Hudds in the middle.

Bogle or Wisdom. In a back 4 Wisdom as Bogle has been below par in the last 2 games and we should remember he is but a young lad and would probably benefit from a rest. In a 5 then the defensive duties will be less to the fore and then I would think Bogle might be refreshed by the change.

Nuge or Waggy. In a front 3, neither of them will get in ahead of Marriott, IMO and I would not play either of them out wide. Front 2, which would be the best pairing? I would go with Nuge for the first hour or so, running himself into the ground and Waggy coming on with fresh legs for the last 25 to 30.

It's all about opinions and they will vary. We won't all agree all of the time. If we did, this forum would have folded years ago.
    Funny how we agree that its the old stager Nugent who should run himself ragged...but all power to him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)