+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boro’ v Rams

Boro’ v Rams

Won’t go down well I know, but I have to admit to having grudging admiration for Tony Pulis. Like the equally unpopular Neil Warnock there are few managers better at winning promotion and, imo, TP is better equipped for keeping sides up.
    What he achieved at Stoke was a major footballing achievement and it is noticeable that the decline began shortly after he was sacked and Stoke went after a more ‘glamorous’ name.
    Having said that (incoming) I’m not a great fan of the football Pulis’ sides are known for and they are invariably very, very physical.
    Don’t imagine tomorrow will be any different so...do we try and out football them or is it time to bring back the ‘big boys’?
    Think the last time we played a match where whichever team won would go top was, curiously, also at the Riverside but under Paul Clement. We were dreadful that day, completely outplayed and outfought. I expect better tomorrow...don’t expect us to go top but I do think we might comeback with a point. 1-1 for me...thoughts?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-10-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Not a happy hunting ground for us in the past. Just 1 win and a draw in our last 10 visits. However, the win and the draw came last season and 3 seasons before that. A point a game from the past 4 visits. I'd be happy to keep that average going tomorrow but I will refrain from forecasting until I have seen our team and formation.

FL may make changes to both as Boro are a hard nut to crack but don't score freely either averaging a goal a game for and a goal every 2 games against. Our for and against of 1.5 and 1 a game points, statistically, to a 1-1 draw so that is the last result I expect.

Rotherham have shown that Boro can be stopped. Although one suspects there's gonna be a backlash from them for the dropped points. But if Derby have a game plan, and adhere to it, then a draw is possible. Even a smash and grab.
    Hard to say until you what the response from them is. You had to 2 good wins and they have dropped 5 points in the last 3 games.
    Logic is still on a home win, but from a betting viewpoint, I'd say give this a miss.
    More likely for a home win at Elland Road. I'd go 3 and or more goals there.

Should have won. Could have been 3-0 up in those opening 25 minutes and they didn’t manage a single effort on target...BUT...still a very good point.
    Only one side played decent football and the only player of their’s that I’d want is George Friend...good player.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Should have won. Could have been 3-0 up in those opening 25 minutes and they didn’t manage a single effort on target...BUT...still a very good point.
    Only one side played decent football and the only player of their’s that I’d want is George Friend...good player.
    He scored for you didn't he?

We'd of all taken a point anyway before a call was kicked, however having seen us start so well and dominate them then get a goal and press for more it becomes bitter sweet knowing that actually we could of won, but let's be fair 7 from 9 against 3 of the better teams shouldn't be forgotten

9 from 9 though, hurts a little to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    He scored for you didn't he?
    He did, couldn’t have done anything about it, but he played very well imo.
    Hard team to beat but not a ‘footballing’ side.

He did, couldn’t have done anything about it, but he played very well imo.

Hard team to beat but not a ‘footballing’ side.
    RA I thought we played better today than at WBA because Boro are far better team But it's the old story if you don't take your chances it will come back and bite you Very pleased we refused to be bullied by them and we really made them look poor at times It was bloody freezing today I'm going to Chelsea and think we need to give some of these lads a rest they have played a lot of football Quite a few never got an international break Being realistic we going to go out to Chelsea so give some others a game imo

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA I thought we played better today than at WBA because Boro are far better team But it's the old story if you don't take your chances it will come back and bite you Very pleased we refused to be bullied by them and we really made them look poor at times It was bloody freezing today I'm going to Chelsea and think we need to give some of these lads a rest they have played a lot of football Quite a few never got an international break Being realistic we going to go out to Chelsea so give some others a game imo
    Can see where you’re coming from mista but, speaking after the match, Lampard was clearly expecting Mount to be playing at Stamford Bridge and Tomori too was anticipating playing so you may be wrong.
    Boro’ are certainly more physical than WBA, not sure about ‘better’...we could have been three up after 25 mins...but I was impressed by the way Wilson in particular, and Lawrence, stood up to them.

Can see where you’re coming from mista but, speaking after the match, Lampard was clearly expecting
    Mount to be playing at Stamford Bridge and Tomori too was anticipating playing so you may be wrong.
    Boro’ are certainly more physical than WBA, not sure about ‘better’...we could have been three up after 25 mins...but I was impressed by the way Wilson in particular, and Lawrence, stood up to them.
    RA Not heard Lampard interview I think it's a mistake to play the same midfielders at Chelsea We have a very hard match next Sat against rampant Brum the form team of the division Lot more important than the Carabo Yes we could have been three up after 25 minutes today but we could have at WBA One team has conceded 23 goals and the other 8 Know we're money would be on who finishes highest 😊

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)