+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spying on football fans

Spying on football fans

Just read this from sky news. Apparently some Scottish football fans believe their communications are being eavesdropped. It seems Police Scotland have a unit set up to look in to behaviour at games, it consists of 15 officers with a budget of nearly 800k! A lot of fans have also tried to be recruited as informants.

I have never had much faith in Police Scotland but how on earth can they justify this?

Better get your browsing history deleted just in case.

Link to story - https://news.sky.com/story/football-...hones-11525215

I always wondered why we sometimes see mounted police on the streets around Pittodrie on a cold Tuesday night for a match against Hamilton. I always thought it a waste of resources, now I realise that they have probably intercepted some useful intelligence proving there was going to be major trouble.

This is typical of how stupid the polis have become. They are more interested in investigating tweets than catching real criminals.

It’s a pity the Masonic a*seholes stand idly by & watch sectarian bile being sung by hordes of fans from Celtic & SEVCO.

Too busy frisking us for Capri Sun cartons.

I have ZERO faith in Police Scotland.

Masonic c*nts.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s a pity the Masonic a*seholes stand idly by & watch sectarian bile being sung by hordes of fans from Celtic & SEVCO.

Too busy frisking us for Capri Sun cartons.

I have ZERO faith in Police Scotland.

Masonic c*nts.
    The journo in the link repeatedly asked for a freedom of information request relating to the paperwork that would be needed to gain warrants for intercepting communications. This, of course, was denied due to 'national security' reasons.

Couldn't make this nonsense up. I thought the police forces were being stretched to breaking point yet they can find spare officers to spy on football fans.

Could not agree more.
    I respect the average bobby on the beat its not an easy job
    But I do agree Grampians finest do tend to make an arse of things with their over zealous attitude towards a Dons fans in general and small away supports in the South Stand.
    Sometimes it seems their on a mission to be confrontational.
    However, the match commanders tend to turn a blind eye at all the sectarian singing from the Glasgow hordes each visit.
    It seems the laws of land are not adhered to a least four or five times a season it all becomes to difficult

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    However, the match commanders tend to turn a blind eye at all the sectarian singing from the Glasgow hordes each visit.
    It seems the laws of land are not adhered to a least four or five times a season it all becomes to difficult
    I once got pulled up for singing a “sectarian song” at an OldCo game.
    The song was The Flower Of Scotland.
    I laughed in the coppers face and made it known in no uncertain terms that he didn’t have a clue.

His supervisor came over (I think with a mind to eject me) and when I explained it to him, the clueless copper was swapped out with another.

I once was told that they didn’t want to eject OldCo fans as they would then be left to roam the streets causing damage and that it was easier to keep them contained in the ground.
    This just means that the know they can get away with almost anything and get away with it.

I suppose we need a police force but you just know that everyone who applies to join is going to be a prick.

The temptation of wearing a uniform and telling folk what to do is too much for them.

Got to be honest, I couldn’t give a monkeys about what people sing at the games. I know I’ve joined in with worse than any Hun or tim chant in my youth. That said, if police want to launch people out for singing flower of Scotland, I’m fine with that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Got to be honest, I couldn’t give a monkeys about what people sing at the games. I know I’ve joined in with worse than any Hun or tim chant in my youth. That said, if police want to launch people out for singing flower of Scotland, I’m fine with that too.
    You can’t be serious.
    You’d be happy with Dons fans being kicked out for singing the national anthem as a retort to Rangers fans singing Rule Brittania?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast