+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Rugby League the daftest game on the planet..?

Is Rugby League the daftest game on the planet..?

The Child Bride and the father-in-law are glued to the box watching three blokes tackle one poor sod who has the odd shaped ball.

One tries to take his socks off, one tries to rip his shorts off and the third one tries to pull the poor sod's head off.

Every time there are five tackles the other team gives the ball back to the opposing team.

The gob****e with the whistle who referees this embarrassing spectacle, talks to the players through a mouthpiece elastoplasted to his head, like they are all braindead mutants (probably correct!)

It's 8-4 to the pie eaters at half time and both teams have missed kicking try points that the likes of Wilkinson, Farrell and Carter would knock over in their sleep.

Ye Gods! This game is shoite! Plus there are thousands of face painted, totally deranged mutants watching the game whilst supping ale and eating pies. I believe they actually pay money to watch this tosh?

Phookkin great game .i see your wife has a better choice in sport than husbands.. Lol

Go Warriors go ..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Go Warriors go ..
    Ok in fairness well done to Wigan. But its obvious that Warrington are constant chokers, they just can't win the BIG one can they.
    How did they allow Catalans of all teams to win the Challenge cup final recently!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok in fairness well done to Wigan. But its obvious that Warrington are constant chokers, they just can't win the BIG one can they.
    How did they allow Catalans of all teams to win the Challenge cup final recently!!.
    And Beds, you really need to have a lie down when the subject of quality Rugby League is mentioned on here.

alf--If I was a worrier I would be worried about BT, however, as I am not one for worrying I shall leave him to bask in his own supreme lack of knowledge about a game which needs some understanding, unlike the game of football which is becoming more and more sterile each game I see ---and that includes quite a number this weekend in this European thingy,
    Great win for the Warriors tonight and wonderful for Manfredi scoring two tries after his long injury lay off. I thought that when he took the knock on the head in the second half that he may not come back, however, I then remembered that we were watching RL and that a knock that would have put a football player out for almost a season was just a mere slight knock to a lad like him.

Sub, I just wish we as England (or Gt Britain) could stick it to the Aussies a bit more often when it comes to RL. They are a quality team of course but doesn't their arrogant 'winning' mentality get on your nerves ? lol.
    As for our own game, what do you all reckon about them scrapping the end of season 8's, and making it just 1 relegation/promotion place from now on ?.
    Im a Hull Fc fan btw and we've just lost about 46 games in a row, I think Lee Radford is going for some sort of losing record lol.
    Last edited by Acido; 13-10-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The Child Bride and the father-in-law are glued to the box watching three blokes tackle one poor sod who has the odd shaped ball.

One tries to take his socks off, one tries to rip his shorts off and the third one tries to pull the poor sod's head off.

Every time there are five tackles the other team gives the ball back to the opposing team.

The gob****e with the whistle who referees this embarrassing spectacle, talks to the players through a mouthpiece elastoplasted to his head, like they are all braindead mutants (probably correct!)

It's 8-4 to the pie eaters at half time and both teams have missed kicking try points that the likes of Wilkinson, Farrell and Carter would knock over in their sleep.

Ye Gods! This game is shoite! Plus there are thousands of face painted, totally deranged mutants watching the game whilst supping ale and eating pies. I believe they actually pay money to watch this tosh?

It's a minority sport BT, not really to be taken seriously, in fact they're that desperate for teams to play it that have they a bloody French team in the League. When I told one of my French friends about it, at first he didn't believe me, he never even knew the game existed.

Sorry I'm Not biting tonight ..Just celebrating Warriors win..

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    alf--If I was a worrier I would be worried about BT, however, as I am not one for worrying I shall leave him to bask in his own supreme lack of knowledge about a game which needs some understanding, unlike the game of football which is becoming more and more sterile each game I see ---and that includes quite a number this weekend in this European thingy,
    Great win for the Warriors tonight and wonderful for Manfredi scoring two tries after his long injury lay off. I thought that when he took the knock on the head in the second half that he may not come back, however, I then remembered that we were watching RL and that a knock that would have put a football player out for almost a season was just a mere slight knock to a lad like him.
    Great defence from Wigan again ,I think Dyche must have a hand in it..lol. Great to see Manfredi back to form and scoring again..As you say a footballer would have been out or six months with that head injury..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)