+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Khashoggi Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not going round in circles sinkov, you claimed we have "Heads of State in civilised societies" and I would love to hear them denounce the Saudis, but we all know they we won't because they have their hands in the Saudi till. Trumps latest support for the murderous thugs is really quite astonishing, but what else can you possibly expect?
    I don't 'claim' it BT, it's simply a fact that civilised socities have "Heads of State'. Nothing contentious there, I'm not sure what you're problem is.

As for Trump and the USA, Saudi is far too important an ally for any dramatic sanctions to be enforced, a few individuals will carry the can and things will carry on much as before. It might cause yet more foaming at the mouth amongst lefties, but out in the real world, pragmatism always trumps student union politics. Thank god.

Turkish minister vows to reveal what really happened to Kashoggi..

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't 'claim' it BT, it's simply a fact that civilised socities have "Heads of State'. Nothing contentious there, I'm not sure what you're problem is.
    I'm not sure what your problem is either BT.

Could you imagine the right wing media and political furore if this had happened in a Russian Embassy?Your Heads of State and the Murdoch press would be going into meltdown.

They already are in meltdown, all over a couple of Russian tourists visiting Salisbury Cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They already are in meltdown, all over a couple of Russian tourists visiting Salisbury Cathedral.
    Forgot about that! Is Salisbury still on lock-down?

Attachment 10946

Turkish President Erdogans much vaunted "I'll tell everything" statement turns out to tell us nothing new.

I reckon he has been got at by the Saudis or Trump.

I think the issue will die a death and it will be business as usual.

When it comes to ethics versus profit, money wins every time with the Saudis, Yanks, UK and most other countries.

Fair play to Canada though - there is a LITTLE bit of decency left in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    If this is true it exposes yet another Saudi lie in a whole catalogue of lies. What is undoubtedly true is that the truth about who at the highest level in the Saudi kingdom knew what was planned and when they knew will probably never be revealed. Those at a less senior level will take the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Turkish President Erdogans much vaunted "I'll tell everything" statement turns out to tell us nothing new.

I reckon he has been got at by the Saudis or Trump.

I think the issue will die a death and it will be business as usual.

When it comes to ethics versus profit, money wins every time with the Saudis, Yanks, UK and most other countries.

Fair play to Canada though - there is a LITTLE bit of decency left in the world.
    Yes that was a big let down 59, He said nothing new, yet all day radio stations, TV and media outlets kept saying "What do we do after what Erdogan said"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)