+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The Khashoggi Mystery

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    alf--he was called Gareth Williams and worked at GCHQ ---recent reports said that the Russians killed him ---agenda driven or ?????
    Did my quip fly straight over your head Ashy,or did you choose to ignore it ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Did my quip fly straight over your head Ashy,or did you choose to ignore it ?
    I wasn't switched on today --it did fly over my head. I have been a bit pre-occupied with a difficult SSAFA case and this was preying on my mind ---McGill indeed!

Caught in the glare of the international headlights and exposed for the premeditated murder of Jamal Khashoggi and blatant lying in the aftermath a further charge has been laid against the Saudis that of desecrating a human body. Faced by this there has been a stunning silence from Riyadh as to the motive for the killing or who authorised it other than to suggest this was some kind of rogue operation. Was this then some kind of Henry II and Thomas a Becket moment? Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest. At least Henry II made penance by walking to Canterbury in sackcloth and ashes and being flogged by the monks at the Cathedral.

...and the international condemnation continues to be deafening. Money, money, money...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    ...and the international condemnation continues to be deafening. Money, money, money...
    Bloody hell, BT, are you saying that ABBA were involved too?

That's what will solve the problem BT, let's give them some international condemnation, loads of it, really condemn them. That should make them see the error of their ways and bring about a sea change in their culture and behaviour. No ?

Let's be honest BT, these ****ers have just chopped up a US based journo in the capital of Turkey and made hardly any attempt to disguise the fact. They won't give a FF what any foreign secretary of a tin pot country like ours says. They're like Putin, they don't care, they'll do what they want because they can, and they have our economies gripped tight by the short and curlies, and we don't really want them to start squeezing do we ? Best move along eh, nothing to see here.

Sadly, that's the reality sinkov. Just to annoy you, here's a couple of photos to prove a puerile political point...

Attachment 11019

Attachment 11020

I'm amazed that this issue has overshadowed the atrocities being committed in Yemem.

Due to Saudi action there is a massive humanitarian crisis there - yet we continue to sell them their tools of destruction.

The best excuse that our Government can come up with is "If we didn't sell them arms then someone else would." BAE would not exist in it's current state if we stopped selling them stuff.
    But is that really good enough? Would we happily have sold arms to Hitler in the 30's?

Labour are the same. They would really like to dump Trident but for political reasons (jobs in Barrow etc) they have committed to support renewing it. Despite Corbyn telling us that in no circumstance would he press the button.

SNAFU indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'm amazed that this issue has overshadowed the atrocities being committed in Yemem.

Due to Saudi action there is a massive humanitarian crisis there - yet we continue to sell them their tools of destruction.
    The Houthi rebels have been fighting a civil war for 7 years now, who is selling and supplying their tools of destruction ? It's not us.

The Houthi rebels have launched missiles into Saudi Arabia, specifically targeting the airport at Riyadh. Who is selling them these missiles ? It's not us.

It takes two sides to fight a war. Who is arming the other side ? It's not us.

Sadly, that's the reality sinkov. Just to annoy you, here's a couple of photos to prove a puerile political point...

Attachment 11019

Attachment 11020
    I'm not annoyed BT, it's weekend, loads of footy, horse racing and other sporting events, peace and goodwill to all men on a Saturday. I am a little bemused though, just what is the puerile political point you're trying to make with your infantile pictures ? It's lost on me.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)