+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austerity stinks and it's a broken policy...

Austerity stinks and it's a broken policy...

Austerity was always going to be another Tory short word for "We are taking more off you, you mugs".

More lefty FAKE NEWS, there hasn't been any austerity. This government has always spent more than the country has earned, borrowing is increasing, the deficit is eyewatering, and the National Debt is now counted in trillions of pounds. The fact is, this Tory government has NEVER spent less then the Labour government spent in 2006, and we managed perfectly well back then, without any whining about 'austerity'.

Sometimes sinkov I really wonder if you are some sort of flawed genius or just barking mad?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Sometimes sinkov I really wonder if you are some sort of flawed genius or just barking mad?
    As I have been saying for the last 30 years -----LEADERS is what we need and there are none around ---even if you turn over a few stones you will not find any! Sad state of affairs.

Total agreement with you on this one Supersub6.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    More lefty FAKE NEWS, there hasn't been any austerity. This government has always spent more than the country has earned, borrowing is increasing, the deficit is eyewatering, and the National Debt is now counted in trillions of pounds. The fact is, this Tory government has NEVER spent less then the Labour government spent in 2006, and we managed perfectly well back then, without any whining about 'austerity'.
    More fake news for you not to worry about sinkov...https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

No idea myself BT, so I've asked the missus, she says you're 75% right, flawed, barking and mad certainly, but she doesn't go along with the genius bit. Still, credit where it's due, three out of four's not bad.

More fake news for you not to worry about sinkov...https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

Interesting BT, 1000 people a month becoming homeless, it's a frightening figure, scandalous even I admit. But put it into context, you say there are 14 million people living in poverty in this country, and 12,000 people a year becoming homeless. So looking on the positive side, that leaves 13,988,000 people living in poverty who won't become homeless this year. Our benefits system and social services must be getting something right then. No ?

The UN said the UK has 14 million people living in relative poverty sinkov, not me.

I'm sure if at least 4 million of those got off their arses and looked for properly remunerated work, they would drag themselves and their families out of the mire? OMG I'm sounding like old Norman "on yer bike" Tebbit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)