+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Scoliosis

Scoliosis

Well this condition is getting more airtime now since the discovery of Richard the Third’s body and the picture of the operation scar on Princess Eugenie. I developed scoliosis in the 1960s at about 13 or 14 years of age. I had no corrective surgery and as a result I have a permanently deformed spine. Things could be worse but I have no scars.

Sorry to hear that Outwood mate,like you say it could have been worse..Guess that was a sign of the times when nobody knew how to cure it.. I'd never heard of it until my missus told me about it when I asked her what was up with her back..

I still don't know why she thought everyone would like to see her scar?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Well this condition is getting more airtime now since the discovery of Richard the Third’s body and the picture of the operation scar on Princess Eugenie. I developed scoliosis in the 1960s at about 13 or 14 years of age. I had no corrective surgery and as a result I have a permanently deformed spine. Things could be worse but I have no scars.
    Not referring to you of course Outwood but I have read the cause of most cases is unknown, but is believed to involve a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Risk factors include other affected family members. The Royal Family being a collection of in- breds might have something to do with it, no doubt?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)