+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong

Its a tricky one is this, because Ive been thinking the same as well as the season has progressed.
    Its great to see a winning and exciting and goalscoring team again, and away from home especially. Now, when do we ever get to enjoy that sort of thing in the Champship ?.
    However, no team wants to remain at this level do they and like others have said, the aim has got to be promotion AND looking to stay competitive at that level in future.

Some teams do manage to win in the Championship and hold onto their players. Brooks was hardly in the team last season. Clubs like Barnsley will always struggle to hold onto their more ambitious players. Stendel ( spelling) is your strongest assett and you should hold onto him, but the irony is that if he is successful, bigger clubs will come knocking, as they may for Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Some teams do manage to win in the Championship and hold onto their players. Brooks was hardly in the team last season. Clubs like Barnsley will always struggle to hold onto their more ambitious players. Stendel ( spelling) is your strongest assett and you should hold onto him, but the irony is that if he is successful, bigger clubs will come knocking, as they may for Wilder.
    The key is how those players apply themselves in the division above and how organised and galvanised their manager/ head coach gets them. We were much like Sheff Utd in our first season back in the Championship until players were sold. However, that aside the Head Coach at the time lost his head and we never recovered. The hangover that ensued brought about our relegation.

I don't think that would happen under Stendel. No problems only solutions mantra. You're right Wardy our main asset could be our manager at this moment in time.

It's completely out of our hands the owners hold ALL the cards whatever the supporters want

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    It's completely out of our hands the owners hold ALL the cards whatever the supporters want
    The players hold all the cards no matter what the owners want too Dooali. Owners try and build a squad to challenge and greedy agents and footballers have other ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The players hold all the cards no matter what the owners want too Dooali. Owners try and build a squad to challenge and greedy agents and footballers have other ideas.
    Owners try and build a squad to challenge and greedy agents and footballers have other ideas.[/QUOTE]

Only some owners try & build a squad Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    You can always vote with your feet which is the usual remedy Dooali

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You can always vote with your feet which is the usual remedy Dooali
    I've noticed the support changing in my lifetime Exile. The militant supporters who say "if they do this I'll not bother next season" invariably do abstain. However, there is a younger less cynical support now that go to all the away games and will watch whatever is served up. They will be the future of the club.

Times change and people change. The takeover was a step in the right direction for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I've noticed the support changing in my lifetime Exile. The militant supporters who say "if they do this I'll not bother next season" invariably do abstain. However, there is a younger less cynical support now that go to all the away games and will watch whatever is served up. They will be the future of the club.

Times change and people change. The takeover was a step in the right direction for me.
    Younger supporters have always been less cynical for as long as I remember mate, probably cos they've nowt better to do with their time or money just as I once was. Give em 30 odd years watchin Tarn, a wife and a couple o kids running abart and they'll soon be converted cynics, tha knows it meks sense

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post

That same Brooks whoz mekkin a name forrimsen int premiership

'Ambition is critical' as it says somewhere in Swansea.

Wilder will be next art or dooer to a job he simply can't refuse. Ad mek most on him while he's theear if a wo thee

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast