+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong

Is it wrong

Is it wrong to enjoy this season and this league so much more than last year and many years of struggle in the championship. I know the dream of possible premiere promotion is not possible but the fact that we play decent attacking football and goals plus the winning element makes part of me quite happy to stay where we are. I feel we will finish in the top two but be confined to the eternal struggle next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack rodders View Post
    Is it wrong to enjoy this season and this league so much more than last year and many years of struggle in the championship. I know the dream of possible premiere promotion is not possible but the fact that we play decent attacking football and goals plus the winning element makes part of me quite happy to stay where we are. I feel we will finish in the top two but be confined to the eternal struggle next year.
    I understand what your saying Jack and something that's crossed my mind too .

There are many many things not to like about the championship but I guess you should always want to compete at the best level you can .

We've got to find a way of being competitive in the championship. It's not impossible, look at Brentford for instance, a smaller club than us but consistently finishing in the top half of the championship and losing good players and managers along the way. It can be done.

Our problem in 2017 was that we lost far too many good players in a short space of time. We were looking solid and able to compete until the mass exodus. If we learn from this and not let contracts run down then we've aif a chance of holding onto enough players where 1 or 2 sales wouldn't destroy momentum and hurt us as it did in 2017. Then you've a chance of establishing yourself in mid table without being annual strugglers

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We've got to find a way of being competitive in the championship. It's not impossible, look at Brentford for instance, a smaller club than us but consistently finishing in the top half of the championship and losing good players and managers along the way. It can be done.

Our problem in 2017 was that we lost far too many good players in a short space of time. We were looking solid and able to compete until the mass exodus. If we learn from this and not let contracts run down then we've aif a chance of holding onto enough players where 1 or 2 sales wouldn't destroy momentum and hurt us as it did in 2017. Then you've a chance of establishing yourself in mid table without being annual strugglers

Interesting that Brentford use the analytical recruitment model and move players on for a profit but seem to manage this far better than we have and it doesn't appear to halt their progress .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Interesting that Brentford use the analytical recruitment model and move players on for a profit but seem to manage this far better than we have and it doesn't appear to halt their progress .
    As I say, losing one or two hurts but doesn't destroy momentum that's built. Having your squad decimated and starting again over the summer is a different story

As I say, losing one or two hurts but doesn't destroy momentum that's built. Having your squad decimated and starting again over the summer is a different story
    Very true pass , let's hope that lessons are learnt and it never happens again .

Quote Originally Posted by Jack rodders View Post
    I’ve said this before but got slatted by some. I’d rather watch a winning team play good football and come out feeling pleased with the team than storming out and in a mood all weekend cause we’ve lost. Wins feel sweeter in the championship and it’s where we belong but it’s mentally draining when it’s a constant struggle

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I think they’re further down the road than us with our model plus they’ve had stability in ownership and he’s also pumped absolutely millions into the club. It’s definitely the correct way to go though for me so don’t anybody go getting too attached to the players

Exactly ESR I'm waiting till January and see which way the club's heading

It almost makes you believe that we deliberately let contracts get down to the last year in order to soften the blow to supporters of having to let them leave
    Not that I would believe such a supposition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast