+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashley won't sack rafa

Ashley won't sack rafa

There would be no point in it at all ,it would be wasted money as his contract is up very soon

But let's not forget, Kev...where football is concerned, he's thick as mince.

He could do anything and it wouldn't surprise me.

I did predict in an earlier post that I thought Benitez would be peddled by xmas if we are struggling and he ain't signed a new contract.
    It will show Ashley's power and piss the fans off . Paying up the £3m or whatever to sack Benitez is **** all to Ashley .. And he will be replaced by someone on far lower wages anyway.
    Let's face it if we are getting stranded in the bottom 3 which owner wouldn't sack the manager , the lessons of mclown staying too long have been learnt .
    Unfortunately the lessons of spending **** all haven't been learnt .

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    , the lessons of mclown staying too long have been learnt .
    So are you saying Rafa has stayed too long?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    So are you saying Rafa has stayed too long?
    No .. But if Ashley has to spend i doubt he will give Benitez the cash .. It will be a new manager.

I sit and hope that Benitez will be sacked every single day of the week.
    His management style...? and ways do not suit this club and many fans have been coaxed into accepting of a defensive set up with the nonsense of us having a better goal difference from being so hard to break down.

The football borders on the disgraceful and it is not the players causing it to be like this as they proved against Man Utd, even though Man Utd were like sitting ducks or fish in a barrel.

I will be back to my cheery self if we get rid of Benitez, because that's the only way we will see decent football again and I'm not into watching the dross Benitez puts out just for the sake of a lower minus goal difference than those teams around us.

It's mental to think that this man is being allowed to carry on.
    Change the manager and this club easily beats relegation and possibly finishes 10th again and maybe even a tad higher.
    Keep Benitez and we are doomed to go down as the lowest points amassed in a premier league season but with the best goal difference ever by a relegated premier league team, most likely.

Benitez needs to be cleared out along with his entourage and a new manager in who can actually play football and gee those players up to actually want to get onboard that mindset.

It needs to be done right now if possible. Pay the man what's left of his contract and let's get some decent football back to put a smile back on my face.

With the squad fatty has left us with and with Rafa gone you might see more attractive football i.e. us getting hammered 6-0 instead of 1-0. 1-1 draws turned into exciting 1-3 defeats.

No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigSausage View Post
    No .. But if Ashley has to spend i doubt he will give Benitez the cash .. It will be a new manager.
    Ah, gotcha.

Odd thing is, when you look at who McClaren bought, the players themselves weren't that bad-it just shows how utterly shite he was as a manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    With the squad fatty has left us with and with Rafa gone you might see more attractive football i.e. us getting hammered 6-0 instead of 1-0. 1-1 draws turned into exciting 1-3 defeats.

No thank you.
    More attractive football does not equate to 6-0 drubbings.
    Where do you get that from?

Many teams suffer a drubbing here and there. Even the top teams.
    We will likely follow suit with a few drubbings. But guess what?....We will just as likely hand one of two out as well.

End result of a season being more enjoyable football been had.
    If you think this kind of football is acceptable just because we don't get hammered then you're welcome to that thought. I know in my heart of hearts that most Newcastle fans...and in fact fans of any club would not be happy with what's being dished out by Benitez.

The player excuse is wearing thin for even the most die hard fans.
    We have the players to do a job in the right way.
    The reality is we are actually riding our luck with this cautious approach...because we're just as likely to get a good old tonking doing it if we keep this up, due to players just giving up the cause out of sheer deflation and boredom and exertion for no gains.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    More attractive football does not equate to 6-0 drubbings.
    Where do you get that from?

Many teams suffer a drubbing here and there. Even the top teams.
    We will likely follow suit with a few drubbings. But guess what?....We will just as likely hand one of two out as well.

End result of a season being more enjoyable football been had.
    If you think this kind of football is acceptable just because we don't get hammered then you're welcome to that thought. I know in my heart of hearts that most Newcastle fans...and in fact fans of any club would not be happy with what's being dished out by Benitez.

The player excuse is wearing thin for even the most die hard fans.
    We have the players to do a job in the right way.
    The reality is we are actually riding our luck with this cautious approach...because we're just as likely to get a good old tonking doing it if we keep this up, due to players just giving up the cause out of sheer deflation and boredom and exertion for no gains.
    The problem is that although Rafa got us to 10th all of the teams below us and the three promoted teams have owners who have invested light years ahead of us and therefor Rafa is battling under a handicap.

See it for what it really is. Fatty's stinginess and not Rafa to blame.

Give him the tools and he will do the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)