+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The premier league

The premier league

How much has it changed since the start .Is it as good ,is it better for football fans in general or is just about the highest paid players getting rich

It’s changed dramatically since it’s inception.

I think it’s just about players getting rich the entertainment value other than the top six to eight teams is zero.

We can not compete in this league is my honest opinion.

It's more and more about the money and I agree with Terrymac-it's about players caring about the club far less than they do themselves. I mean, obviously they want the best for them and their families but the wages for even bang average Chimpo players are so obscene that surely they don't have to chase the next pound to the extent that loyalty doesn't matter. I know things have changed massively in that respect from, say, 20, 30, 40 and more years ago and I know the counter argument is that clubs don't show loyalty so why should players but, ahh, I dunno...it's all disappeared up it's own arse since the Premier League started.

The upside is the quality of players we can see week in, week out and the fact that stadiums/facilities have been massively improved from a fans' point of view because of the influx of tv money and sponsorship.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)