+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Rafa doesn't sign a new contract

If Rafa doesn't sign a new contract

Who will be our next manager .would another top manager come here ?

Doubt it after the way Rafa has been treated.

It'll be Steve Bruce.

As it stands I'd take Steve Bruce in a heartbeat.
    I like the way he plays his football and I think the fans would like it as well, not to mention he's a Geordie.

Having said that, I think this club is a bridge too far for him. I think it would be too much of a strain on him to actually carry it off.
    His Sunderland tenure will make it a very rough and tough tenure and I think even he would know he's only a bad game away from crucifixion whilst a decent run would afford him only minor plaudits.

For that reason I'd say it's not a good match.
    Having said that, I'd like a new manager who wasn't so I am and needy. A manager who is willing to work within the constraints of the club and also willing to make what players he gets in.... better.

Who is that man?

Who would I take?
    I'm open to most but I can tell you who I wouldn't take.
    Any manager that acts and plays football like Benitez.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Doubt it after the way Rafa has been treated.

It'll be Steve Bruce.
    Or Brendan Rogers,if you believe the gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I like the way he plays his football and I think the fans would like it as well, not to mention he's a Geordie.

Having said that, I think this club is a bridge too far for him. I think it would be too much of a strain on him to actually carry it off.
    His Sunderland tenure will make it a very rough and tough tenure and I think even he would know he's only a bad game away from crucifixion whilst a decent run would afford him only minor plaudits.

For that reason I'd say it's not a good match.
    Having said that, I'd like a new manager who wasn't so I am and needy. A manager who is willing to work within the constraints of the club and also willing to make what players he gets in.... better.

Who is that man?

Who would I take?
    I'm open to most but I can tell you who I wouldn't take.
    Any manager that acts and plays football like Benitez.
    So when he got us up to 10th you still didn't like the football he played?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    So when he got us up to 10th you still didn't like the football he played?
    Second half of the season showed me what he was capable of when bringing in Kenedy.
    He allowed his players freedom to play.
    Now we are back to square one with the same players plus added extras who actually get game time but who are stifled.

The man rides along on his ego and is as dull as they come.

mon Allardyce is available not to mention the 'Bungmeister' Redknapp...

becareful what you wish for, am speaking from experience!
    take care all the Geordies
    john.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    mon Allardyce is available not to mention the 'Bungmeister' Redknapp...

becareful what you wish for, am speaking from experience!
    take care all the Geordies
    john.
    I don't need to be careful what I wish for as regards Benitez.
    I think his football is a disgrace.
    His entire set up is pathetic for any entertainment value.

I honestly do not think any manager coming into this club could serve up football any worse than what we are seeing.
    We might get many managers who might concede a few more but that would be offset by scoring more in terms of up against Benitez.

I'd have Benitez out this very minute and not give him much of a thought from this point on. The man has drained the near life out of me. My excitement has dropped by 80% and I want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    He's sh!t. Ask Villa and Sunderland fans if you're in doubt. Writes a good crime novel though.

He is trying to wind everyone up before his boyfriends ban is up.Thinks everyone is as daft as him.No Newcastle fan would want Bruce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)