+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No regrets over mitro at all

No regrets over mitro at all

Never liked him and I still don't rate him ,

He's not the saviour some think...but I'm afraid he's a better striker than either Joselu or Perez. He just is.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    He's not the saviour some think...but I'm afraid he's a better striker than either Joselu or Perez. He just is.
    Yes, that just happens to be a sad fact.

It's absolutely pointless having any regrets over a player that was deemed surplus to requirements. Mitro's gone and he's enjoying his football under a club manager and international manager who can get the best out of him by playing him to their best advantage.

We didn't attempt to do that and Mitrovic suffered as a result...not to mention the fact that he was only just out of his 20's when he was discarded as being anything and everything not good for Newcastle United....or to put it more bluntly, he is deemed anything and everything not suited to Rafa Benitez and fans seem to accept it as a fair departure because some seem to accept Benitez's style (if we can call it a style) of football.

And yet. And yet.... he decides to bring in a player (Rondon) who (in my opinion) is similar to Mitrovic but nowhere near as effective.

He's definitely no saviour and nobody thought he was. But we will never know what he could have done if played to his strengths.
    He's rarely been afforded that at Newcastle under Benitez..but showed what he could do if given that chance.

I don't know if my thoughts are on regret. I'd say more gutted at the potential he possesses being used elsewhere.
    Mitrovic will go on to much bigger and better things and become prolific under a manager of a big club who uses him for what he's capable of.

Fulham are getting points because of him. Fulham will likely stay up comfortably enough because of his goals (injuries permitting).

When a football club are willing to pay a potential 27 million for a player, they're not doing it because they're taking a massive chance on potential. They're doing it because they see that clear end product by having the time to put that player through his paces in the way they believe he was/is to be used.

The end result speaks for itself for club and country.
    We missed out due to stubbornness of a manager.

It's as simple as that. as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know whether I'm typing from regret or from sheer guttedness. Maybe the two are mutually connected.

He helped Fatso buy House of Fraser.

Fulham getting points because of him,they have 5 points.3 more than us.They have scored 3 more goals than us.Granted he is doing well.Good luck to the lad.Like I have said before.Hope he bangs them in and his value increases 10 fold and the fat slug loses out on a fortune.
    I certainly don't rate him like you seem to do.I also don't have wet dreams over him either,like you seem to do.Its Mitro this and Mitro that.Hes gone,he won't be back.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's absolutely pointless having any regrets over a player that was deemed surplus to requirements. Mitro's gone and he's enjoying his football under a club manager and international manager who can get the best out of him by playing him to their best advantage.

We didn't attempt to do that and Mitrovic suffered as a result...not to mention the fact that he was only just out of his 20's when he was discarded as being anything and everything not good for Newcastle United....or to put it more bluntly, he is deemed anything and everything not suited to Rafa Benitez and fans seem to accept it as a fair departure because some seem to accept Benitez's style (if we can call it a style) of football.

And yet. And yet.... he decides to bring in a player (Rondon) who (in my opinion) is similar to Mitrovic but nowhere near as effective.

He's definitely no saviour and nobody thought he was. But we will never know what he could have done if played to his strengths.
    He's rarely been afforded that at Newcastle under Benitez..but showed what he could do if given that chance.

I don't know if my thoughts are on regret. I'd say more gutted at the potential he possesses being used elsewhere.
    Mitrovic will go on to much bigger and better things and become prolific under a manager of a big club who uses him for what he's capable of.

Fulham are getting points because of him. Fulham will likely stay up comfortably enough because of his goals (injuries permitting).

When a football club are willing to pay a potential 27 million for a player, they're not doing it because they're taking a massive chance on potential. They're doing it because they see that clear end product by having the time to put that player through his paces in the way they believe he was/is to be used.

The end result speaks for itself for club and country.
    We missed out due to stubbornness of a manager.

It's as simple as that. as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know whether I'm typing from regret or from sheer guttedness. Maybe the two are mutually connected.
    Fulham aren't exactly killing the league. I don't miss him that much. But I agree that he wasn't given a fair chance here. It was a great sale though, a shame the money hasn't been properly reinvested... every penny generated and all that.

That's a good point, Hughie.

If Rafa had been allowed to reinvest the money in a 'proper' striker then Mitro wouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That's a good point, Hughie.

If Rafa had been allowed to reinvest the money in a 'proper' striker then Mitro wouldn't be an issue.
    Agreed.

Absolute joke, i've got no issue with the sale of him but to be allowed proper reinvestment.

Scored another 2 for Serbia at the weekend he is quality and should never have been sold but Rafa knows best of course, joselu and Rondon to the rescue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)