+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Face from the past

Face from the past

Was at pictures yesterday and I spotted Dennis Coleman.
    Does he go anywhere near RUFC these days, dont blame him if he didn't.

He’s something to do with a care home on Brown Street, don’t know if he owns it or manages it or just works there.
    I was talking to him after the televised Doncaster match last season and he told me he doesn’t go to games anymore

His old sidekick Maccio had a restaurant called Boccelli’s near Stairfoot in Barnsley but when I drove past it a few weeks ago it I noticed it had closed down.

Yeah it's shut and is now a thriving pub !
    Dino had a few restaurants over the years, and a hairdressers many years ago when he had his blue Roller.
    Never fancied himself at all.

However they stepped in, had the b@ll$ to have a go (whatever their motives), ask yourself would we still be here if they hadn't tried ?

Deserve free tickets for life IMO

Agree,not sure about the free tickets for life though !

There were some interesting charactors sniffer round the club at that time. Neil Freeman and Earth Mortgages. Whatever became of them.

And what about Peter Ruchniewicz and the 05 board.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    His old sidekick Maccio had a restaurant called Boccelli’s near Stairfoot in Barnsley but when I drove past it a few weeks ago it I noticed it had closed down.
    Loyal, Dino now runs a small restaurant called Nonna’s near the stag roundabout.
    Slightly over priced but a clean pleasant establishment which also doubles as a cocktail bar.

On reflection, we seriously have to be grateful how Dennis and Dino stepped in and helped to barely keep afloat what was a previously very badly run club by O5. The likes of Campbell - Ryce allowed to walk away from his contract to return south to be near his family, only to return back to Barnsley for 1.2 million in the same season, was a prime example.

Deano is a great bloke . Knew him years ago at Karate classes. Before his stint at Rotherham. He had a bridal shop in town.
    Always been a hands on worker and tried many businesses.
    He wasn't minted as such but did his bit to try to help us out.
    A genuinely decent bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Loyal, Dino now runs a small restaurant called Nonna’s near the stag roundabout.
    Slightly over priced but a clean pleasant establishment which also doubles as a cocktail bar.

On reflection, we seriously have to be grateful how Dennis and Dino stepped in and helped to barely keep afloat what was a previously very badly run club by O5. The likes of Campbell - Ryce allowed to walk away from his contract to return south to be near his family, only to return back to Barnsley for 1.2 million in the same season, was a prime example.
    Yep agree Brin and Crash think Dino and Dennis made a decent fist of trying to rescue us but it was always going to be difficult for them.Its a bit sad if they don't go any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast