+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Weather.

The Weather.

When i wuz a lad Septembers were warm in the day, and cooler at night. The outstanding quality was the calmness. Now storms rage in from the west, having started in the Carribean, up the east coast of the USA and then here. The weather changes constantly, as weather systems travel at alarming speed. When i wuz a lad, the weather got set for a while.

Winters were freezing in the 60s. The earth is warming. This means sea levels will rise obliterating millions of people. Disasters will be common, killing more. People will starve, or die of thirst, crops will die.
    Thankfully nature will do what wars used to, removing vast amounts of people. Your children will experience this towards the end of their lives, and your childrens children will suffer horribly.

Funny how the worst will be in places in the world where poverty is rampant. This always happens. I will be long gone, but would appreciate a spiritual armchair where i could watch, like the Roman Colloseum, cheering the good bits, like tsunamis, earthquakes, and volcanoes.

Its all good, the law of cause and effect, you all get whats coming. Why not enjoy it?

I hate storms,if I'm in bed at night and it's dark and it's lightning then I head under the covers,seriously,just like a kid,petrified by it I am,always have been

What you need, Chalky, is a good Thunder Buddy.......

https://youtu.be/G9PnNW56bp0

Even up in Aberdeen our rivers have been extremely low since spring . I run by the river dirt trails and bridges and see it nearly every day never seen river levels that low ever.
    Certainly been warmer too.

This storm just past gave us windy days accompanied by loads of much needed rain

Have had the backdoor open at night except for a couple of nights. The temp in the house is around 70. Without the heating. The butterflies are still flying.

It's been a great summer, I've hardly been out of my mankini

Quote Originally Posted by Barbles View Post
    It's been a great summer, I've hardly been out of my mankini
    Its been wonderful mate.

I may put a t shirt on this weekend

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)