+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T The Wireless Thread

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Good timing this.

Heard this morning that it's the 20th anniversary of "In out time"
    20th anniversary of the last time you had some "in-out"?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

Any Answers (2pm Saturday) where Anita fillets phone-in gammon on the way to Kynoch park to watch the Maroons.
    I have a mental image of a bloodbath on the streets of Keith perpetrated by Anita Anand whilst wearing a maroon scarf.

Although the words Anita, fillets and gammon could easily be rearranged into quite a filthy, double-entendre laden personal wish...

The Rat Line, on R4

Story of an Austrian Nazi before, during and after WWll. Bit slow at first, but well worth the effort if you like your modern history.

Nae relation of Anita Annand fae Torry?

Been enjoying listening to the Infinite Monkey Cage in the background whilst editing late into the evenings recently. I've always enjoyed learning about space and all that jazz, but rarely understand what folk are going on about. Good mix of the clever stuff and light entertainment. Easy listening.

Also enjoy picking up 95.5 BOB FM from California via TuneIn radio. Listened to it in the car whilst touring on our honeymoon 6 years ago. Consistent good rock tunes from the last 50 years or so with no actual DJ.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nae relation of Anita Annand fae Torry?
    No, he was definitely Austrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I hardly watch the telly compared to days gone by. I definitely listen to the radio more these days

Best thing I did was get a Sonos. Can tune into heavy metal and rock stations from all over the world now

KNAC ,good for the 80s sunset strip bands but a good mix of rock and metal. probably the most listened to in Pac towers
    Primordial Radio. Nae bad and recommended to me by Pauldolski
    Planet Rock. Still determined to get my Rock Block played (Ten Tunes of your choice played, you has to be a reason behind each tune)
    Saturday is religiously Sportsound. Get a lot of texts read out on Off the Ball. I'm sad

When I was a nipper I religiously listened to the Radio One Rock show. Found so many great bands through that. Especially when a band was in session. Loved Claire Sturgess live at Donington. That was in the day when it was a one day festival and Radio one shut down for the day and dedicated its self to Donington. I'm sure if I raked in my mas loft id find the tapes of old Monsters of Rocks is sat all day recording. Sturgess was followed by Andy Kavanagh who was decent too(I think that was his name, nae doubt Vas could keep me right)

John Cavanagh was that lad and he was guid tae
    https://www.voices.com/actors/JohnCavanagh#bio

Can't beat the Shipping Forecast

I mind something on Radio 4 years ago called The Chip Shop. It was the noise that you used to get when playing old computer tapes, I think the idea was you taped it and then tried to load it onto your BBC computer. Did anybody dae that??

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    John Cavanagh was that lad and he was guid tae
    https://www.voices.com/actors/JohnCavanagh#bio

Can't beat the Shipping Forecast

I mind something on Radio 4 years ago called The Chip Shop. It was the noise that you used to get when playing old computer tapes, I think the idea was you taped it and then tried to load it onto your BBC computer. Did anybody dae that??
    I used to have a BBC computer which had a tape player. You had to turn the volume up to 11 to make it work, which made a horrible screeching noise. The only way to shut it up was to put a headphone jack in the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Been enjoying listening to the Infinite Monkey Cage in the background whilst editing late into the evenings recently. I've always enjoyed learning about space and all that jazz, but rarely understand what folk are going on about.
    Aye, its always a good listen even though a lot of it is a bit over my heid.

The World Service documentaries are always worth a listen:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02...odes/downloads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12