+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chant

chant

Gregorian or Plain?

plain just shades it for me.

https://youtu.be/hQAgrCuKwPc

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Most religious choral music is extremely relaxing and uplifting whether or not one has faith. Your examples are great. Plain song in it's Russian orthodox form is pretty severe. I like the Italian Palestrina's work which is a little more ornamental. Like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QjkhENZg8

I hadn't realised IBS was one of us and always thought he was one of them. In the Roman Liturgy Gregorian chant is considered the most appropriare form of music for worship. Quite a few of us in OD have banned any other musical forms from the house. To me that's too extreme and I am content if they are merely banned from the Mass. The Second Vatican Council's introduction of the vernacular liturgy remains one of the great crimes of history.

No 1....Spandau Ballet.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    I hadn't realised IBS was one of us and always thought he was one of them. In the Roman Liturgy Gregorian chant is considered the most appropriare form of music for worship. Quite a few of us in OD have banned any other musical forms from the house. To me that's too extreme and I am content if they are merely banned from the Mass. The Second Vatican Council's introduction of the vernacular liturgy remains one of the great crimes of history.
    Yes Monty, I am one of us.

serviam

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Yes Monty, I am one of us.

serviam
    Well don't let mike know as it will be another stick to beat us with. Fortis in fide.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Well don't let mike know as it will be another stick to beat us with. Fortis in fide.
    Why are you talking to yourself?
    As you have raised the subject Multi-Python, unlike you, IBS, etc , (fill in multi name as appropriate) I'm not a religious bigot, so as far as I am concernerned you can follow any religious belief that you like ( even though it's all superstitious nonsense)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 17-10-2018 at 09:04 PM.

He's just a chantser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast