+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 years ago today RIP Eddie

10 years ago today RIP Eddie

Can't believe that's a decade since Eddie passed, I for one am thankful he took over the club, we were in trouble of he hadn't, it led to the best days my generation have experienced as Utd supporters (out with single season highs like 1994 and 1997), his heart was in the right place, he loved Utd life we do, yes with hindsight he got some early selections wrong with McCall (who was sought after), promoting Chisholm and then Brewster (again was a popular choice while doing well at ICT) before he then chose Levein and helped him reinvent our club, I wish he got to see us win that League Cup a few months before he died but a combination of Kenny Clark and Mark Kerr prevented justice on the day, he'd have been thrilled to see his the next few years panned out especially May 15th 2010

Thank you Eddie

Cundeez tribute
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Y--Pn8_z4

Fans all singing his name after that memorable semi final mauling of Aberdeen at Tynecastle in Feb 2008
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aohg4wgd0uA

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Can't believe that's a decade since Eddie passed, I for one am thankful he took over the club, we were in trouble of he hadn't, it led to the best days my generation have experienced as Utd supporters (out with single season highs like 1994 and 1997), his heart was in the right place, he loved Utd life we do, yes with hindsight he got some early selections wrong with McCall (who was sought after), promoting Chisholm and then Brewster (again was a popular choice while doing well at ICT) before he then chose Levein and helped him reinvent our club, I wish he got to see us win that League Cup a few months before he died but a combination of Kenny Clark and Mark Kerr prevented justice on the day, he'd have been thrilled to see his the next few years panned out especially May 15th 2010

Thank you Eddie

Cundeez tribute
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Y--Pn8_z4

Fans all singing his name after that memorable semi final mauling of Aberdeen at Tynecastle in Feb 2008
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aohg4wgd0uA
    Just a pity he didn't have a ham shank instead of his Nat king back in the mid 60's one night.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post
    Just a pity he didn't have a ham shank instead of his Nat king back in the mid 60's one night.
    Faf! 🤣🤣

Gentleman, had time for everyone and his desperation for success at United perhaps clouded his business judgement.
    Why he didn't leave his shareholding to Justine instead of snake I'll never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by japanarab View Post

That's a good one but, keep it on Eddie please, its a respect thread to him only

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Gentleman, had time for everyone and his desperation for success at United perhaps clouded his business judgement.
    Why he didn't leave his shareholding to Justine instead of snake I'll never understand.
    He left his shares to Cath.

She held them for years before transferring them to ST and JM.

And fwiw I doubt Justine would have been good either. In it for the publicity.

Thread isn't about that stuff, just a simple tribute thread to Eddie, a decade after he passed

Thank you Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    He left his shares to Cath.

She held them for years before transferring them to ST and JM.

And fwiw I doubt Justine would have been good either. In it for the publicity.
    wasn't it the plan that she was going to be the one in charge of the club (being the one
    with the business brain), but she lost her husband in an RTA the same week as her dad passed
    so we got ST instead.

Quote Originally Posted by FTFun View Post
    wasn't it the plan that she was going to be the one in charge of the club (being the one
    with the business brain), but she lost her husband in an RTA the same week as her dad passed
    so we got ST instead.
    The plan was allegedly for ST to be Chief Exec and Justine chair. So we would have had both as we eventually did when Justine joined the board.

I heard the two of them actually had a fall out once while interviewing a potential manager. anyone else hear that rumour?

Was lucky to meet Eddie on a few occasions and what a gentleman, always had time for people not only United fans but football fans in general.

One statement that sticks in my head from Eddie and it couldn't be more true.

"You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team. Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain. They are the one true constant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)