+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverness on Sat

Inverness on Sat

While Saturday was good this is a much tougher game even at home against an unbeaten side (won 3 drawn 5) who haven't conceded a goal away from in their three away games to date, however hearts battered then 5-0 at Tynecastle in bet Fred group stage

Think if the players show that same desire and attacking play plus a bigger home crowd fully behind the team then it's one we can take the three pts

We very much have the right man in charge now, what we have been crying out for, it won't be all plain sailing on our way back and there will be setbacks however hopefully that's the negativity gone even when we do get a one... Under Laszlo we were engulfed in negativity and it was difficult to enjoy the odd win as we weren't going anywhere under him

Same team that started in Glasgow? If so
    I'm going to go for a cautiously optimistic 1-0 home win

Robertson has done a fantastic job with them. He’s turned Coll Donaldson into a player and I’m sure he’ll be right up for Saturday to prove to us that he’s a player (which is fair considering the abuse the young man got from fans).

Play like we did on Saturday though and I believe we will have enough to beat them. Safranko has 3 goals in his last 3 and I think he could be the man again. 1-0 (again cautiously optimistic)

Side note: would love to see Neilson get a decent crowd for his first game. Mon the shed!!

When Saturday can't come quick enough!

I hope Robbie gets the right balance between fitness training and rest this week, could do with our best players being 100% if he's introducing more of a pressing game.

Hard one to predict, think we'll edge it though. A win and we keep the pressure on the teams above us, keep the momentum going.

C'mon United

Much tougher test 2-1 Utd.

Ross County home v Ayr so one or both going to drop points.

A win for us would set a right good marker down to the highland two that we're going to be a rev italised force to be reckoned with.

Looking forward to this one. The two home games against them last season they bullied us and were by far the better team.
    We'll see what happens this time.

I reckon we have the momentum on our side here and will convincingly win a difficult and important match. Some reasons for this prediction include:

1) New manager bounce.
    2) Increased confidence from away win against Partick.
    3) Increased attendance of fans that are enthusiastic about Robbie's leadership/relieved about Csaba's departure, who will be much more vocal leading to a genuine home advantage.
    4) Players like McMullen coming back into their own (He was like a new man on Saturday) due to a better relationship with new manager, it's like having a new signing
    5) Our injury problems are rabidly decreasing

We can do this United

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    Looking forward to this one. The two home games against them last season they bullied us and were by far the better team.
    We'll see what happens this time.
    Also looking forward to this but cannot forget the way they beat us last season.

I dont think i will be too upset if they did beat us again, as long as the team shows a difference to what ive witnessed since the doon season. There needs to be a marked improvement in the football on display long term, but for now i will accept a hard fought game, whatever the result!

My fear is that it will take a pre-season number of games before we get to see the fruits of the new training regime which will probably be the middle of the next set of fixtures.

I don't think that will be the case, while they haven't conceded in the three league away games I reckon this will be their toughest if we get at them from the off, I think we'll definitely score

And they are unbeaten in the league, 3 wins 5 draws but have drawn the last 3, won't be easy but quietly confident, if we get at them early with a positive home support, they won't enjoy it

We need to make Tannadice a fortress like Ray did.

ICT will have watched County murdering our LB area and will attempt the same - we have to protect it. They have shown already that they are hard to break down and our chances will be limited so we have to be clinical.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)