+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inverness on Sat

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't think that will be the case, while they haven't conceded in the three league away games I reckon this will be their toughest if we get at them from the off, I think we'll definitely score

And they are unbeaten in the league, 3 wins 5 draws but have drawn the last 3, won't be easy but quietly confident, if we get at them early with a positive home support, they won't enjoy it
    Partick are a poor, poor side and i think that might lead some to become a bit complacent. And going by previous results with the added irony of Rays Fortress where ICT did for him, i expect its too early in Nielsons reign to expect too much.

I just think we are back in pre-season again with all the comments regarding the new training, and we will need another couple of weeks to be moulded again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Partick are a poor, poor side and i think that might lead some to become a bit complacent. And going by previous results with the added irony of Rays Fortress where ICT did for him, i expect its too early in Nielsons reign to expect too much.

I just think we are back in pre-season again with all the comments regarding the new training, and we will need another couple of weeks to be moulded again.
    Without getting too carried away, in the short time that Robbie's been in charge, the difference is huge. Most of the players on Saturday played in a way that we all suspected they were capable of.

The team were organised, had a game plan and clear instructions as to what they were expected to do and we got the best out of our players, particularly McMullan, Safranko and Stanton.

We played with freedom, created chances and looked solid defensively until we tired in last 20/25 minutes - and that's the only thing that worries me for Saturday.

A draw would be good enough for me as we'll improve each week as our fitness improves and there are plenty of games left for us to pick up points on the teams above us.

Mon the Terrors!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    Without getting too carried away, in the short time that Robbie's been in charge, the difference is huge. Most of the players on Saturday played in a way that we all suspected they were capable of.

The team were organised, had a game plan and clear instructions as to what they were expected to do and we got the best out of our players, particularly McMullan, Safranko and Stanton.

We played with freedom, created chances and looked solid defensively until we tired in last 20/25 minutes - and that's the only thing that worries me for Saturday.

A draw would be good enough for me as we'll improve each week as our fitness improves and there are plenty of games left for us to pick up points on the teams above us.

Mon the Terrors!
    Hopefully Fyvie will have a full 90 minutes on Saturday, that was where the game turned. With Fyvie we are a much calmer unit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hopefully Fyvie will have a full 90 minutes on Saturday, that was where the game turned. With Fyvie we are a much calmer unit I think.
    Agree with that, but unfortunately Fyvie's a good few weeks away from completing 90 minutes on Saturday's showing.

On the plus side, Robbie will have had another week with the players to improve their fitness and organisation.

I'm really positive about Saturday and the chances of us winning this league now. I always thought we had the players and Csaba's recruitment wasn't bad, it was just that he was a terrible coach and manager.

Will hopefully now see the true quality of the squad over the next few weeks.

Tough game this weekend but they will fear us as much as we do them. Will definitely need to battle for a result. Hope the belief continues to build in the stand as much as on the pitch.

Can't wait for the game!

I doubt very much that ICT will fear a visit to Tannadice. Why would they?

ICT will be well up for shattering our feelgood factor/new manager bounce. And they are well capable of coming here and getting all three points.

It will be remarkable and delightful if Robbie can get our team to actually win the game and get all 3 points. That would be a real statement and we will remain well in touch with the top of the league.

Win on Saturday and I will start believing that we can push for the title and the automatic promotion that comes with that.

Good luck United - there are tens of thousands that are willing you to win on Saturday and begin our rehabilitation. Give everything, and play as if your lives depended on it!!

Looking forward to this, regardless of the outcome I'm 100% sure that under Neilson this is the start of our clubs recovery

However still excited to get to Tannadice, will be a completely different feel and vibe today than for ages under the cloud of Csaba

I'm going for 2-1 Utd, same team that started last week please

Much better performance today. Players looked more driven and comfortable on the ball. Still not the finished aricle and definitely not expecting miracles after two games. Disappointed not to take all three points though. A couple of things:

1. Coll Donaldson is a whanker of the first water and should have been booked long before he eventually was. Launched into some brutal flying challenges which if they'd connected would have been leg breakers. His pal Mackay wasn't far behind with his tackle on Fyvie.

2. Does Loemba play in ice skates? Laddie cannae stay on his feet for 5 minutes.

Should have won today with the chances we had. Not a good result but for the first time in a long while I enjoyed the game.
    The style of football, energy, pressing, passion and we dominated long spells against a side that would have fancied themselves to win.
    Also the backing from the fans was good and the players fed off it.
    Finally, Coll Donaldson is a donkey.

Definitely deserved to win on chances, they didn't really work Siegrist, we had two very good chances first half and were well deserving of the lesd when we got it, silly fk given away that they scored the header from, they had some lucky moments in defence

Still plenty positives giving they are well organised and haven't lost in ages in the league and before today hadn't conceded on the road

Better home support than in recent games, still can better but 5400 Utd fans in today

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)