+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oliver Burke

Oliver Burke

Seems you boys are interested in our Oliver Burke at the price we paid - 15 million. He can't get a game with our lot and
    whoever made the decision to spend that kind of money on him needs sectioning. 3 million would have been generous!

Would bite your hand off though for a permanent deal to take Gayle and you take Burke!

On another note - you have four or five winnable fixtures coming up so you will start to climb the league so best wishes!

PS - there could be two burkes in the North East ( which includes the fat man )

No thanks we have had our hand bitten with Rondon we dont need yet another average winger we already have Atsu and Murphy, shouldnt be to long till the baggies are back in the premier league
    Last edited by MidsMagpie; 15-10-2018 at 12:40 PM.

Like we would bid £15m for anyone, let alone a low achiever who can't get a game.

If Benitez sanctions a swap deal with Gayle or a £15m bid for this guy ,I will seriously be thinking he is trying to **** the team up before he gets peddled or leaves .

As soon as any transfer fee is involved you know it is bullsh1t.Look what happened in the summer.Rafa wanted to pair Rondon with Alassane Plea.A low bid went in for Plea.Borussia Mönchengladbach paid the extra we supposedly wouldn't.We ended up selling Mitro,getting Rondon on loan last minute and losing Gayle to afford the loan.
    Makes me laugh when people say Rondon was Rafas 1st choice.No Plea was.He naively thought he could sell Mitro and get the money for Plea.That was the swap he thought he was doing.Get Mitro out who he didn't trust and sign Plea.The lad is banging them in in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    No thanks we have had our hand bitten with Rondon we dont need yet another average winger we already have Atsu and Murphy, shouldnt be to long till the baggies are back in the premier league

Hopefully and off to Wigan Saturday! Must say going to a lot of these championship grounds brings the fun back to football as good banter! Miss coming to Newcastle as one of a few grounds in the Premier where the city and supporters are first class.

Seriously though - Gayle does look first class and not just that he's playing in the championship as you can always tell by the first touch and bit of magic. Some players go out on loan and drop a division and find their confidence and feet again. In summary, Gayle is three times the player of Rondon and remember watching him every week - nice guy but he could not score in a whore house!

I bet it would be the biggest piss up in the Newcastle if the fat one were to become brown bread! I can visualize the glasses being raised in the Strawberry!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Hopefully and off to Wigan Saturday! Must say going to a lot of these championship grounds brings the fun back to football as good banter! Miss coming to Newcastle as one of a few grounds in the Premier where the city and supporters are first class.

Seriously though - Gayle does look first class and not just that he's playing in the championship as you can always tell by the first touch and bit of magic. Some players go out on loan and drop a division and find their confidence and feet again. In summary, Gayle is three times the player of Rondon and remember watching him every week - nice guy but he could not score in a whore house!

I bet it would be the biggest piss up in the Newcastle if the fat one were to become brown bread! I can visualize the glasses being raised in the Strawberry!
    Gayle didn't get much of a run in the prem for us nor did mitro.
    I know a lot of fans think Benitez can do no wrong , but selling mitro and loaning Gayle out only to bring Rondon in was a ridiculous decision .
    People are justifying it by saying neither are premier class etc etc but both are miles better than Perez , Joselu and Rondon .
    The next games are crucial for us and we need some goals desperately .. There is no excuse for 9 defenders and 20% possession in the games until xmas.

Have just said his plan was to pair Plea with Rondon.He got shafted.He should have known better than to think he would have got the Mitro money.

Can't see it atall.

If we have £15 million to spend i think it would go on a number ten or striker.

More likely we have £15 million total and his name has been thrown around but no chance it'll come off for that price.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)