+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Albion v Brentford game moved to a Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Can't you go to the Channel Islands as this long lost family love in of yours with West Brom is boring as feck!

PS - you must have missed Bloods post about the dividends with reference to Doug E as being the top city accountant, you would have challenged it!

Wigan - ha ha! Bet you don't even know where it is
    You're unbelievable, Al!
    Blood has confirmed that Jeremy Peace DID NOT help himself and his Directors to the £27m AFTER ALL.
    Can't you understand?

What about an online apology to JP??? (The very least you can do.)

Quote Originally Posted by talkSAFT View Post
    Do what we all promised to do 15-20 years ago: DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO SKY!!!!!!!!!
    Sadly, the loyal supporters of clubs are just window dressing for the millions watching around the globe. It's so sad that football has sold its soul to SKY and the two key things in the game, the supporters who go through the turnstiles and the grass roots will see little benefit when the bubble bursts one day. Sadly, for football, many loyal supporters will have moved on taking future generations with them. You can only take supporters for granted for so long as our fixture list shows.

I have a friend visiting from overseas who was flexible on dates to attend a Saturday afternoon match in Nov/Dec. We decided on Brentford. (we had little choice) He arrives Friday and leaves on Monday morning. Found out a few hours after he booked his flight from this site that the match has been moved. Didn't the Seria A fans of all clubs boycott matches a few years ago due to their shoddy treatment? It certainly sucks though!

You're unbelievable, Al!
    Blood has confirmed that Jeremy Peace DID NOT help himself and his Directors to the £27m AFTER ALL.
    Can't you understand?

I have said no such thing.

Bobert came up with a rounded up lie based on a change of equity which was totally wrong and now he is relying on a fake letter and email which basically says "it wasn't me guv".

Unless I see evidence in the accounts that the £27m is there the c??? Took it.

Quite frankly I can't believe anyone can trust the c???.

Look around the Albion if you ever manage to go, and see what he built.

NOTHING.

Sorry, correction he removed the police box from the Smethwick. Maybe the 27m went there.

You're unbelievable, Al!
    Can't you understand?

Don't do apologies to crooks! Unbelievable is a word used to describe me in my younger days for staying power!

As for Blood, he has mentioned that the dividends perhaps went on the removal of the police box in the Smethwick, which sums up the huge contribution made by JP to the stadium. Then a cynic would say, this was to cram more seats in the Smethwick resulting in more cash in ones back pocket!

Personally, I think the dividends went towards some posh brickwork in Jersey and a heli pad!

You going to Wigan Saft as we could down a few lagers in the inner stadium bar prior to the match to continue the debate of the missing millions! I will start swigging at 12.00 so you going as almost 4,000 making the trip?
    Last edited by baggieal; 17-10-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Still waiting for Regis80's confirmation.
    I just don't understand how you pair can still state categorically that Peace helped himself to the £27m. (And even if he did, INSTEAD of selling for £175m he could have sold for £202m!!!) Don't you understand that?

Sorry, Al. I live 360 miles from Wigan. Drive carefully!

Interesting debate this about Sky, with the majority of comments negative.

I only get to about 10-15 games per season because I'm away with work regularly. However I was due to be back that weekend for the Brentford game and intended to go. Unfortunately now it's on the Monday I can't go.

I'm not bitter about it though, for fans like me, Sky means I can watch us even when I'm outside the UK. I heard someone say 10 of our first 20 matches have been on TV. That's not a bad thing in my eyes, first of all fans like me who can't make every game can watch us and secondly it means we're appealing on the eye.

I also think Sky have revolutionised the game with their analysis and more importantly their cash. Which has bought the worlds best players here. Its one of the reasons why the quality of the premier league is so good.

Just my two cents..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)