+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Albion v Brentford game moved to a Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Bang on 'Mon .

Agree 100% that there is way too much football on TV but I don't blame Sky I blame football.

Sky's job is to sell subscriptions and live football does it very well.

The Football authorites job is to do the best for football and they are driven purely and simply by greed with the fans a poor second at best. Football should have said enough is enough a few years ago and only allowed perhaps a max of 3 Prem League football to be played only at weekends away from Sat 3pm.

For the Championship 1 game at weekends and 1 on a Tues/Weds but crucially the day of the match itself is not allowed to change. No Friday night football.

Don't blame Sky/BT. Football doesn't have to sell its soul it just chooses to.

I do have a solution to the Albion being on TV so much. Bring back Pulis that'll stop the cameras rolling!

What surprises me at games nowadays...is most of the big grounds have a big screen. Over here in Croke Park...which holds over 80,000 spectators...they have a screen at either end and it is played during the game....The amount of people I find looking at the screen rather then the match baffles me. There is a degree of evolution going on in the game...which is driven by money. Hillsborough was a driving factor in health and safety at grounds but needed money to improve grounds.....so it had to come from somewhere.....but in general the view is too short term as to the overall direction....
    Its all very well having super state of the art stadia if they can no longer be filled by supporters....here in Ireland...the local league is a complete shambles now. Many grounds are similar to life back in the 70's era. Not nice.
    I feel as frustrated as you people and I don't live over there....

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    They're taking the absolute piss.

I can make it to the Monday and Friday games (Brentford/the Vile) but at great inconvenience to us as a family, and we live fairly local. Really feel for those travelling from further afield, be that home or away support. Make the most of the home game versus Blackburn folks, without checking I'm sure it's currently our last 3pm home kick off until Boxing Day against Wigan.

Already had to re arrange travel plans for several away days and I'm unimpressed. Becoming increasingly disillusioned with the modern game and the TV companies to whom the clubs and authorities have sold their souls. I'd planned to go to Ipswich away but that's looking increasingly unlikely given the change of date, as is the Swansea fixture. It's years since I've missed more than one away fixture in the same season.

They don't care about the inconvenience they cause as the bi product is increased sales for them (subscriptions and advertising) when people can't physically make games. But as the behind closed doors game between Croatia v England demonstrated, football is nothing without supporters. I don't have Sky, never wanted it and never needed it. If pushed too far though I'll just walk away from the game and find other things to do with my time.

W@nkers!

It is shocking the changes made to our fixtures, and I hate Monday and Friday night games (when I used to love night games when I was young) in particular as traffic is mental.

I understand your anger Albionic, but I don't believe you would ever "walk away" from the Albion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    What surprises me at games nowadays...is most of the big grounds have a big screen. Over here in Croke Park...which holds over 80,000 spectators...they have a screen at either end and it is played during the game....The amount of people I find looking at the screen rather then the match baffles me. There is a degree of evolution going on in the game...which is driven by money. Hillsborough was a driving factor in health and safety at grounds but needed money to improve grounds.....so it had to come from somewhere.....but in general the view is too short term as to the overall direction....
    Its all very well having super state of the art stadia if they can no longer be filled by supporters....here in Ireland...the local league is a complete shambles now. Many grounds are similar to life back in the 70's era. Not nice.
    I feel as frustrated as you people and I don't live over there....
    It's a myth that Television money paid for new stands and grounds after Hillsborough, our Brummie and Smethwick were rebuilt with substantial grants from from a fund set up by the government, and the Halfords lane is going to be built as soon as the £27m dividend is finally found on the back of Lord Lucan's tat cart which is being pulled by shergar.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    It's a myth that Television money paid for new stands and grounds after Hillsborough, our Brummie and Smethwick were rebuilt with substantial grants from from a fund set up by the government, and the Halfords lane is going to be built as soon as the £27m dividend is finally found on the back of Lord Lucan's tat cart which is being pulled by shergar.
    Aaaah so that’s where it went then!
    I’ve been waiting eagerly for this ‘Finale’ for weeks now! 😉

Quote Originally Posted by The Minn Junta View Post
    Aaaah so that’s where it went then!
    I’ve been waiting eagerly for this ‘Finale’ for weeks now! ��
    So, at last he owns up! It didn't go with Jeremy Peace to the Channel Islands. Strange how regis 80 has gone missing so long.

Ah well, all things come to those who wait.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    So, at last he owns up! It didn't go with Jeremy Peace to the Channel Islands. Strange how regis 80 has gone missing so long.

Ah well, all things come to those who wait.

Can't you go to the Channel Islands as this long lost family love in of yours with West Brom is boring as feck!

PS - you must have missed Bloods post about the dividends with reference to Doug E as being the top city accountant, you would have challenged it!

Wigan - ha ha! Bet you don't even know where it is

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    They're taking the absolute piss.

I can make it to the Monday and Friday games (Brentford/the Vile) but at great inconvenience to us as a family, and we live fairly local. Really feel for those travelling from further afield, be that home or away support. Make the most of the home game versus Blackburn folks, without checking I'm sure it's currently our last 3pm home kick off until Boxing Day against Wigan.

Already had to re arrange travel plans for several away days and I'm unimpressed. Becoming increasingly disillusioned with the modern game and the TV companies to whom the clubs and authorities have sold their souls. I'd planned to go to Ipswich away but that's looking increasingly unlikely given the change of date, as is the Swansea fixture. It's years since I've missed more than one away fixture in the same season.

They don't care about the inconvenience they cause as the bi product is increased sales for them (subscriptions and advertising) when people can't physically make games. But as the behind closed doors game between Croatia v England demonstrated, football is nothing without supporters. I don't have Sky, never wanted it and never needed it. If pushed too far though I'll just walk away from the game and find other things to do with my time.

W@nkers!

At the Stourbridge home match on Monday night i'm sure former poster BrockmoorBaggie told me Albion don't have a Saturday home match for the next couple of months…..what a disgrace for all you regulars.

This is a big advantage with non league football……Saturday at 3.00pm is still sacrosanct at our level.

BT Sport are already f king with the National League though with 12.30pm kick offs and a 5.30pm for Halifax last Saturday FFS.

Once Amazon start covering the Southern Premier League i'll take up yoghurt knitting.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    At the Stourbridge home match on Monday night i'm sure former poster BrockmoorBaggie told me Albion don't have a Saturday home match for the next couple of months…..what a disgrace for all you regulars.

This is a big advantage with non league football……Saturday at 3.00pm is still sacrosanct at our level.

BT Sport are already f king with the National League though with 12.30pm kick offs and a 5.30pm for Halifax last Saturday FFS.

Once Amazon start covering the Southern Premier League i'll take up yoghurt knitting.
    Brockmoor has got it wrong, next Sat. home game is Blackburn, Oct. 27, this follows Derby at home on Wed., Oct 24

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)