+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Albion v Brentford game moved to a Monday night

Albion v Brentford game moved to a Monday night

Great, then we play the Vile four days later when they have had six days between games. Bloody Sky.

Getting pi55ed off with these alterations now. I have season tickets for me and my 4 year old. So this and Villa are now evening kick offs during the same week moved from Saturday's. I understand a few games moving and know there will be a few midweek games naturally but this is stupid. He has just started school so will probably just be able to cope with the Friday night game. They certainly don't think of the next generation when moving these games. My mate who sits in front of me comes up from London for each game and struggles to get to the night games. Good old Sky. ��

They think of the money Grim. Not that the club decide, Sky do. Doubt Albion could say no even if they wanted to.
    4 days is plenty JD. No big deal that Villa get six. There would be no televised games if everyone played at the same time every game.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    They think of the money Grim. Not that the club decide, Sky do. Doubt Albion could say no even if they wanted to.
    4 days is plenty JD. No big deal that Villa get six. There would be no televised games if everyone played at the same time every game.
    Even the money is poor £100k home game £10k away game. In 2017 Villa were on 20 times 4 home,16 away

The situation is now completely unacceptable. I have no problem with sky televising games as long as the dates are released at the start of the season and these dates are not altered. It is so annoying when you arrange other events when Albion are not playing only to find that the date or time is changed and clashes with something else that you have planned to do. I can accept it for the last couple of weeks of the season when promotion and relegation is an issue. Some fans, who purchase season tickets, can find that they will miss quite a few games through no fault of their own. It is more of a problem for away fans as most of the alterations mean that the game is an evening kick off making travelling very difficult. Surely this is wrong! The only answer that I can envisage is for all clubs to refuse to change the date. If this was the case then sky would have to have a rethink. It is now totally out of hand.

Do what we all promised to do 15-20 years ago: DON'T SUBSCRIBE TO SKY!!!!!!!!!

They're taking the absolute piss.

I can make it to the Monday and Friday games (Brentford/the Vile) but at great inconvenience to us as a family, and we live fairly local. Really feel for those travelling from further afield, be that home or away support. Make the most of the home game versus Blackburn folks, without checking I'm sure it's currently our last 3pm home kick off until Boxing Day against Wigan.

Already had to re arrange travel plans for several away days and I'm unimpressed. Becoming increasingly disillusioned with the modern game and the TV companies to whom the clubs and authorities have sold their souls. I'd planned to go to Ipswich away but that's looking increasingly unlikely given the change of date, as is the Swansea fixture. It's years since I've missed more than one away fixture in the same season.

They don't care about the inconvenience they cause as the bi product is increased sales for them (subscriptions and advertising) when people can't physically make games. But as the behind closed doors game between Croatia v England demonstrated, football is nothing without supporters. I don't have Sky, never wanted it and never needed it. If pushed too far though I'll just walk away from the game and find other things to do with my time.

W@nkers!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Even the money is poor £100k home game £10k away game. In 2017 Villa were on 20 times 4 home,16 away
    Clubs get that. I wonder what the EFL gets?

Leeds United 20 out of 25 games are on TV.

I think more importantly all midweek games shown live on the red button will kill the game. Only a matter of time til they do the same with Saturday games.

Name:  IMG_20181013_105331.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  62.9 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)