+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England Nations League.

England Nations League.

Judging by GSs selections, we aren't taking this serious at all.. What a waste of time.. Just extra unneeded games.

Yes indeed Sax, they are playing rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    Yes indeed Sax, they are playing rubbish
    Yep 0-3 up away to Spain at half time.. Oops.. That's the logic of football for you.

F/T a 2-3 win.. But given the match stats, I think fair to say a bit of a freak result..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    F/T a 2-3 win.. But given the match stats, I think fair to say a bit of a freak result..
    Possibly, but a superb counter-attacking performance, all the same. That's the first time Spain have ever conceded three at home. Credit where it's due!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Possibly, but a superb counter-attacking performance, all the same. That's the first time Spain have ever conceded three at home. Credit where it's due!
    Fair point.. I think we caught them cold that first half.. Credit to southgate, he seems to give us an element of surprise..

Up to last night We looked to be heading backwards again. I'm unsure if it was a complete one off, which it does appear. If they can build from here and start getting more results like this they can start to be taken seriously. It was a good performance last night all the same. It did just seem to be one of those freak nights you get every so often. When that becomes the norm, then progress will've been made. A good few of those last night won't be around in 2022 for the next WC and the next generation have to be brought through now to prepare 4 years.
    The flaw being this next generation are stockpiled by Prem clubs and simply aren't playing. Other than against other Under 23's.
    Until that's addressed the same thing will keep happening I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Indeed Aucks its a great result, and I thought the best we'd do was hang on for a draw. Whether we deserved to hang on in the end is up for debate, but not many teams go and win in Spain's back garden do they ?. Well done to Southgate and ALL the players.
    I still haven't got a scooby doo though about this Nations league thingymebob, what happens if we win the group for example. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Indeed Aucks its a great result, and I thought the best we'd do was hang on for a draw. Whether we deserved to hang on in the end is up for debate, but not many teams go and win in Spain's back garden do they ?. Well done to Southgate and ALL the players.
    I still haven't got a scooby doo though about this Nations league thingymebob, what happens if we win the group for example. lol
    Equally scoobied!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)