+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spain 0 v 3 England

Spain 0 v 3 England

After 38 mins...

Stats 29% possession,4 shots,3 goals.See stats like this do work.

At 5pm tonight I said to my good lady I'm going to have a bet, 3-0 to Spain easy money I said.Funny old game in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    At 5pm tonight I said to my good lady I'm going to have a bet, 3-0 to Spain easy money I said.Funny old game in it.
    I put a cheeky squid on 1-3 at 55-1..Don't want em to score though. Want another clean sheet

Finished Spain 2 England 3
    Quite a good game for once, although England rode their luck a bit.
    If only Southgate had gone for an attacking start in Friday's game against Croatia, instead of sitting back...

Grudging stuff for a first half performance of breathtaking brilliance. Had we thrown off the shackles at the World Cup we would have won it. Let's hope Southgate learns the lesson.

didn't see that coming against Spain with a relatively inexperienced back four, we did ride our luck but have also been unlucky in other games.

Southgate seems to have surprised at lot of people

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    didn't see that coming against Spain with a relatively inexperienced back four, we did ride our luck but have also been unlucky in other games.

Southgate seems to have surprised at lot of people
    What stood out for me was the sheer quality of England's attacking play. Kane's passes were excellent and Sterling was simply unplayable and for once his finishing was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    What stood out for me was the sheer quality of England's attacking play. Kane's passes were excellent and Sterling was simply unplayable and for once his finishing was brilliant.
    I agree, although only time will tell if England can now do that on a regular basis, or whether last night was a one-off fluke. Showed no signs of it, a few days previously, in the Croatia game.

The start of an exciting new era where we compete deep into tournaments or another Germany 1-5 England false dawn .

Hmm , Gareth is definitely moving the nation's football team forward , the squad are possibly as united a squad that we've seen in many a long year , euro 96 was possibly the last occasion .

The decision to bring a rejuvenated Ross Barkley back into the squad seems to have added a touch of quality that was missing in that area at the world cup .

Plenty of improvement within the group too given the age of the squad .

The next Euro's will see just how far we've come .

Quietly optimistic .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast