+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Newcastle fans are unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Does anyone actually know what the asking price is? It was £250/300m this time last year then we went through all the ‘she’s wasting my time mullarky’ and the price was increased we are told to £400m now apparently it’s been lowered again.
    Difficult to know what's what. We can only speculate.
    The price will be there to negotiate if the right buyer is clearly willing...maybe.
    We get told time and time again about the sleeping giant. The icon. The big city with one club that is ripe for take off.
    And yet people think 350/400 million is too much?
    I don't get it.

If it was sold for 100 million and some chancer bought it to literally run as a cash cow or gungho, then people would be up in arms at how the club was sold way beyond its worth.
    It's a hard one to fathom.

What the feck does he want?
    He wants what he believes the club is worth to him and also to see who's serious about buying it. If nobody does then he'll stay and carry on. And of that's the case then fans need to get onboard with it if they love the club.

I wish he’d just feck off. He hasn’t learnt a thing in 11 years about running a football club, mistake after mistake, knee jerk reactions to crises and another early Xmas present already given...there is little money available in January apparently.
    He's learned plenty. He's learned how to keep a north east club the size of Newcastle United afloat against the idiocy of transfer fees and wages and for us to have a club that does not pander to the whim of the big boys when they come pilfering our players.

That’ll be the interest on the £120m+ that didn’t get anywhere near being spent on the first team in the summer I suppose.
    Who wants to spend 120 million on players. It's the start of the death knell for a club like ours to spend money like that to try and keep up with the elites. And if it's not about keeping up with the elites and just keeping up with the rest...we manage that on what we do wheel and deal with. It's just a matter of having a manager who can use what is brought in, in the correct way.
    We need one that is capable of doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    Clearly Ashley hasn't, as of yet, played his part of the bargain but neither has the manager aided it by refusing to commit.

Where in that statement released by Ashley does it say every penny generated will be made available when the manager commits??
    It's common sense to me. I'm sure I wouldn't play my end of any bargain if someone wasn't willing to commit.
    What's the point in handing out money to a manager who will walk?

When Rafa commits (I hope he doesn't) then I'm sure he'll get the funds, or if he walks, I'm sure a new manager will benefit. And ultimately, us.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's common sense to me. I'm sure I wouldn't play my end of any bargain if someone wasn't willing to commit.
    What's the point in handing out money to a manager who will walk?

When Rafa commits (I hope he doesn't) then I'm sure he'll get the funds, or if he walks, I'm sure a new manager will benefit. And ultimately, us.
    But did not Rafa commit by first signing for us and staying through Ashley's induced relegation and ever since then Ashley has shafted Rafa, the club and the supporters.

He's shafted every one apart from his love baby, Sports Direct Crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    But did not Rafa commit by first signing for us and staying through Ashley's induced relegation and ever since then Ashley has shafted Rafa, the club and the supporters.

He's shafted every one apart from his love baby, Sports Direct Crap.
    Did Rafa get in a solicitor to oversee all of his contractual demands in order to sign?
    If they haven't been met then why hasn't he walked with a massive pay day?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Did Rafa get in a solicitor to oversee all of his contractual demands in order to sign?
    If they haven't been met then why hasn't he walked with a massive pay day?
    Because that man has self respect as well as respect for this club and it's supporters and that is something which our devious crooked owner never will have if he lives to be 100.

Who wants to spend 120 million on players. It's the start of the death knell for a club like ours to spend money like that to try and keep up with the elites. And if it's not about keeping up with the elites and just keeping up with the rest...we manage that on what we do wheel and deal with. It's just a matter of having a manager who can use what is brought in, in the correct way.
    We need one that is capable of doing that.[/QUOTE]

I don’t mean spend £120m I mean Rafa will get the interest on that amount as his January transfer budget.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)