+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle fans are unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Newcastle United will sink like lead if we dare to try and follow the big fees and wages bandwagon that many teams are trying to do.
    Only a Sheikh or some similar money no object owner will ever be able to take the hit.

The best we can hope for other than that is to play it safe and build up safe, with careful buying and a manager willing to build from it...using them in the correct way.

It might get us a slow move up but we will never play among the elites until the game is reverted back to being fair.

The post code is a massive hump on Newcastle United's back...but even bigger now that the TV money has coaxed other clubs into taking the short walk to the edge of the big cliff.

A money no object Man City type owner to have us playing among the elite or an owner who can do little better than what Ashley is doing.

That's our reality in my book.
    The worst scenario is a Gold and Sullivan in for a penny in for a pound gungho chancing that will spectacularly backfire and send them into their own oblivion if they also don't get a big licks financier to bail them out.

I'd just be happy for us to play some decent football for the majority of the season with what we have and get...and see where we go against the best of the rest of the teams outside of the elites.
    What a load of bollox just to come to the conclusion that you thing the fat kunt is doing a decent job and the troubles at the club are down to Rafa.

You lost me at "Using being relegated twice under Ashley's regime does not mean the club isn't stable"

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    You lost me at "Using being relegated twice under Ashley's regime does not mean the club isn't stable"
    You got that far.

Stable?

Our squad has been on a decline in terms of quality and strength in depth over Ashley’s time in charge, and especially since the first relegation.

Before long we’ll have a squad that isn’t good enough to bounce back with relegation, and no ‘crown jewels’ to sell off to fund the investment in the team to get out of the Championship.

No matter how fans want to argue it, the club is stable.
    It doesn't mean we have the best squad or anywhere near it. It means the club is not beholden to outsiders in order for it to run. And in fact, club's are basically beholden to Newcastle United for transfers out, whether people view that as a detrimental to the club or not in terms of funds needed to come in for transfers.

There's a lot of clubs in the premier league and even the championship that will crash and burn in short order by trying to keep up the stance of holding onto the coat tails of the accepted elite half a dozen teams.

As it stands right now, it's called ambition and all kinds of stuff that appears to be for the good of those clubs showing it.
    The big TV money will only go so far for those clubs until they start to realise that adding better quality to what they have comes at a massive price in wage hiking.

I saw somewhere where a fan had said Bournemouth and other so called small clubs had out done us in the wages department, as if it's some kind of trophy or bragging right to claim your wage bill is now totally unsustainable without success.

These type of clubs are unstable. They may appear stable as it stands but something will give. And when it does, it will be a spectacular fall from grace by a fair few, only to be replaced by the next wannabe coat tail grippers from the championship.

A money no object owner (Fulham as an instance) who can maybe flout the fair play rules like Man City and co have been doing for long enough....may...I say,may manage to keep adding quality whilst paying bigger and bigger wages, whilst using little sponsor loopholes to achieve it.
    But that will certainly be few and far between.

As for us.
    We are stable but we do not have an owner who is daft enough to go gungho, because I think even he knows it's pointless to set another precedent as he did in the past, only to end up with an eventual bunch of mercenary gits who will command high wages and big lengthy contracts that nail the club down into the doldrums.

However, I still believe Ashley will/would spend within very reasonable limits if he felt there was something to be added for sure in a positive way.
    The problem is, there is little to be positive about in this day and age of footballing inflation and attempts to bring bigger and better quality players to a north east club who want to actually play for the shirt and the fans, or the prestige.
    Those days are all but gone.
    It's about getting the best of the rest after the big clubs have scooped up every Tom, Richard and Harry.
    It's all about confidence trickery by agents and the likes who manage to coax clubs to take over the hill players or sick notes with a household name to help empty the wage coffers with very little input.

One thing I absolutely 100% believe though.
    I believe we have a squad that is more than capable of avoiding relegation by a country mile. All it needs is to be used in the correct manner.
    I don't need to spell that one out again.

The club is beholden to Ashley

The money comes in but he won't spend
    And before you say he spent big once just look at our transfer net spend over the last 11 years man

Bournemouth and others are using the money coming into the club si yes you can use it as a badge of honour

We are in the richest league in the world and are ran like a club in the lower reaches of the championship

Relegated twice under him and any decent players we've had are sold on for a profit never to be seen again

He doesn't allow the manager to build on a 10th place finish ffs and makes money in the transfer window again

No doubt that will disappear with the other money the club made last year

Once again we are in the richest league in the world and could of spent £100m without blinking this summer

Stable???

Looking at our third relegation in his ownership

More debt than ever

At least the media are starting to see it now even if some 'fans of the club cant

Hopefully it's the end of him and the trolls can spout b0llocks elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    The club is beholden to Ashley
    Exactly. To Ashley. Not outsiders.

The money comes in but he won't spend
    He will spend and has proved he will spend many a time.
    The issue is in how much and whether it's cash with some fans.

And before you say he spent big once just look at our transfer net spend over the last 11 years man
    This is what I mean. Fans hang on to net spends but it isn't always about net spends. It's about wheeling and dealing with surplus players, also.
    Those players are skin and bone money. It's just not classed as cash from the hip so net spend is nullified and discounted as though a club spends zero to make it appear like it's not willing to compete.
    There's more to it than that with this club and it isn't just down to Ashley.

Bournemouth and others are using the money coming into the club si yes you can use it as a badge of honour
    They've spent about 31 million if you want to use net spends.
    28 million is on one player.
    Imagine the wages he's on.
    Wages sustainable? I severely doubt it.
    It's fine for a flutter for a few seasons but wages and fees just keep going up and soon enough Bournemouth and many others will feel the strain of that.
    No need to argue this one with me, we can both watch it unfold over the seasons and see the aftermath.

We are in the richest league in the world and are ran like a club in the lower reaches of the championship
    No we aren't ran like a club in the lowest reaches of the championship.
    We are ran like a club in the premier league because we pay premier league wages.
    What we don't do is pay 30/40/50 million for players and I'm thankful we don't.
    I hope we rarely pay more than 20 as time goes on, because once we start that game we're on a downward spiral in the real sense with a growing influx of eventual mercenaries.

Back to postcode.

Relegated twice under him and any decent players we've had are sold on for a profit never to be seen again
    Relegated twice with squads that were literally way better than that and easily capable of mid table.
    Ashley spent and managers failed. Simple as that.
    Back to mercenary players as I said before.

He doesn't allow the manager to build on a 10th place finish ffs and makes money in the transfer window again
    He did build on it but because it wasn't a net spend it's classed as no build.
    Add to that allowing players to go who could have heightened that build (Mitro, sold and Gayle, loaned).
    And refusal to use players for their purpose in the majority of games.
    Managers fault mainly, in my book.

No doubt that will disappear with the other money the club made last year
    Speculation on anyone's part until people see the accounts to know what's what.

Once again we are in the richest league in the world and could of spent £100m without blinking this summer
    Maybe we could. But what on?
    What players and what wages?
    Would you hand a manager 100 million in his last year of a contract and refusal to sign an extension whilst playing the football we've been seeing?
    100 million on a number 10 and two top strikers or what?
    What are we talking about and where are these players that would be happy to come to play in this dull team, under a manager that kills appetites?

Stable???
    Yep we're stable as a club.

Looking at our third relegation in his ownership
    A third relegation can be stopped if Rafa pulls his finger out and plays football or he's sacked, or walks.
    The players we have are more than capable of a top 10 finish again if used correctly.

More debt than ever
    No debt outside of the club. It's key.
    In house debt is no issue.
    The club can be sold at any time as debt free. It does not hang in any balance.
    No potential buyer has to worry about doing anything other than paying a going price for the club and taking on the existing bills, without debt.

At least the media are starting to see it now even if some 'fans of the club cant
    The media see what they want to see.
    The problem is, if the media say nice things about hated people they're liars and instigators.
    If they say nasty things about hated people they're bang on and telling the absolute truth.

It's bandwagon jumping to suit a narrative either side.
    One feeds off the other and it's no difference with what's happening at Newcastle.

We fell into the trap of bringing in another messiah and fans have latched onto this messiah like limpets.
    Slowly but surely (if he keeps up this over cautious football) the limpets will start to fall off and see him for what he is, which is an egotist and a whining, moaning man who plays cryptic games to ensure his moans are not seen as direct personal digs.
    That's my take on it.

Hopefully it's the end of him and the trolls can spout b0llocks elsewhere
    I hope it's the end of Rafa.
    As for trolls. Anyone becomes a troll when they don't or won't follow a mass perceived narrative.

In a nutshell we are beholden to Ashley and he's not allowed the club to thrive

He's used the debt to stifle the club not stabilise it

It's a noose and you've fallen for his con trick

[QUOTE=ghostrider;39039533]

One thing I absolutely 100% believe though.
    I believe we have a squad that is more than capable of avoiding relegation by a country mile. All it needs is to be used in the correct manner.
    I don't need to spell that one out again.[/QUOTE

Our squad as a whole is shocking and well below par that's WELL BELOW PAR for prem survival. I DONT NEED TO SPELL THAT ONE OUT AGAIN.

In a nutshell we are beholden to Ashley and he's not allowed the club to thrive
    He's definitely to blame for a lot of stuff in terms of mistakes and porkies but it goes much further than just him stifling the club.

He's used the debt to stifle the club not stabilise it
    What debt?

It's a noose and you've fallen for his con trick
    I haven't fallen for anything.
    I've fallen in love with Newcastle United from an early age and still love the club regardless of who sits inside of it. It's that simple.
    I've seen a hell of a lot worse than how this club is run.

I'm less than happy at how things are going but this is not just down to one man. This stems back to the Keegan days of Ashley's tenure and spirals from there.
    There's a collective blame for the way this club is as of now, from bad managers to fan bile when things don't suit, down to owner stubbornness.

Too many people live in the past and off of it by proxy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)