+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle fans are unrealistic

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Made available for what?
    Can you quote exactly what he said?
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/newca...o-rafa-benitez

Sorry I could only find the statement HE issued to ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/newca...o-rafa-benitez

Sorry I could only find the statement HE issued to ESPN
    Yep, every penny generated by the club.
    Did Ashley put a ceiling on this statement, as in a time limit?
    For instance, did he say he can have every penny generated by the club in the summer or was it over the season or just in general, as and when it will/can be released to the manager in the right context or by contractual agreement or something.

I'm not personally asking you this, I'm merely pondering what the scenario could be and why issues arise with words and apparent promises.

You see, if Rafa gets money in January of, say, 50 million (just putting a theoretical figure out), would that be every penny the club generates or would it be more or would it be less...and would it be accepted as every penny if things went pear shaped, or would it be keeping money back?

Lot's to ponder.

Sometimes it takes a deeper look into what the actual meaning of the words are coming from Mike Ashley.
    People take it that every penny thrown at the club is ripe for player spending.
    Anyone knows it's not that simple.

BUT...

Let's look at the whole picture and place ourselves in the same position of promising a manager every penny the club generates. To do that you expect a manager to clarify that with the owner, not leave the fans to ponder the meaning of the entirety of it, even though it appears black and white, so to speak.

The manager refuses to extend a contract even though he's been told he can have every penny. Now this is a massive key issue with me.

It doesn't matter whether people think he's right not to or believe he should walk. You really have to ask yourself why he won't extend his contract if he's been offered it, bearing in mind the offer of every penny the club generates being put to him and us on the basis of him extending.

Clearly Ashley hasn't, as of yet, played his part of the bargain but neither has the manager aided it by refusing to commit.
    I put myself in the same position and ask myself if I would hand money to a manager who won't commit. My answer is clearly, no.

Is the manager right not to commit?
    In my opinion he's only right not to commit if the owner refuses to commit to a promise made to the manager of the funds available.

Is that the case?
    Because if it is then the manager has a duty to the fans to be clear enough to let us know, yet he does not.
    He plays cryptic games, saying things like " the fans know" and the likes.

Two to tango in my book in everything.

This is not one way traffic against the owner in my book, regardless of what his wrongs are and have been.

Yep, every penny generated by the club.
    Did Ashley put a ceiling on this statement, as in a time limit?
    For instance, did he say he can have every penny generated by the club in the summer or was it over the season or just in general, as and when it will/can be released to the manager in the right context or by contractual agreement or something.

I'm not personally asking you this, I'm merely pondering what the scenario could be and why issues arise with words and apparent promises.

You see, if Rafa gets money in January of, say, 50 million (just putting a theoretical figure out), would that be every penny the club generates or would it be more or would it be less...and would it be accepted as every penny if things went pear shaped, or would it be keeping money back?

Lot's to ponder.

Sometimes it takes a deeper look into what the actual meaning of the words are coming from Mike Ashley.
    People take it that every penny thrown at the club is ripe for player spending.
    Anyone knows it's not that simple.

BUT...

Let's look at the whole picture and place ourselves in the same position of promising a manager every penny the club generates. To do that you expect a manager to clarify that with the owner, not leave the fans to ponder the meaning of the entirety of it, even though it appears black and white, so to speak.

The manager refuses to extend a contract even though he's been told he can have every penny. Now this is a massive key issue with me.

It doesn't matter whether people think he's right not to or believe he should walk. You really have to ask yourself why he won't extend his contract if he's been offered it, bearing in mind the offer of every penny the club generates being put to him and us on the basis of him extending.

Clearly Ashley hasn't, as of yet, played his part of the bargain but neither has the manager aided it by refusing to commit.
    I put myself in the same position and ask myself if I would hand money to a manager who won't commit. My answer is clearly, no.

Is the manager right not to commit?
    In my opinion he's only right not to commit if the owner refuses to commit to a promise made to the manager of the funds available.

Is that the case?
    Because if it is then the manager has a duty to the fans to be clear enough to let us know, yet he does not.
    He plays cryptic games, saying things like " the fans know" and the likes.

Two to tango in my book in everything.

This is not one way traffic against the owner in my book, regardless of what his wrongs are and have been.
    Every penny

Do you see anyone buying the club with genuine offers for it's asking price?
    He can't just walk away and leave it. He has to sell it first.
    And no matter how many media reports come in about this consortium and that consortium preparing bids...nobody has.

I believe he will happily walk away if he sees a serious attempt to buy the club.
    Does anyone actually know what the asking price is? It was £250/300m this time last year then we went through all the ‘she’s wasting my time mullarky’ and the price was increased we are told to £400m now apparently it’s been lowered again. What the feck does he want? I wish he’d just feck off. He hasn’t learnt a thing in 11 years about running a football club, mistake after mistake, knee jerk reactions to crises and another early Xmas present already given...there is little money available in January apparently. That’ll be the interest on the £120m+ that didn’t get anywhere near being spent on the first team in the summer I suppose.

Where in that statement released by Ashley does it say every penny generated will be made available when the manager commits??

show mw where he is takingg money out the club
    the players wages are well over 50% of turnover of monet generated
    then you have agents fees
    general running of the club electricity bills ,travel expenses ,pension contributoions .paye,mainatinace of the ground and other facilities.payments to players in the under 23s etc when they extend contracts

when he said that i though oh no
    what he was saying and you need to understand is
    he isnt putting anymore money in

so look at what we get match day from sky etc and then take over 50% of that away for wages alone

then take away the pension and paye

then take away agents fees

then rafas salary

then maintainace

then hotel and travel for all the teams im sure they dont stay in the station hotel type hotels and thats for all the travelling players coaches,managersfitness fellas etc etc etc every game doesnt include private charters to get players back from internationals etc

medical costs when we send players away for treatment

how much does that leave to spend on players

not a lot

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    show mw where he is takingg money out the club
    the players wages are well over 50% of turnover of monet generated
    then you have agents fees
    general running of the club electricity bills ,travel expenses ,pension contributoions .paye,mainatinace of the ground and other facilities.payments to players in the under 23s etc when they extend contracts

when he said that i though oh no
    what he was saying and you need to understand is
    he isnt putting anymore money in

so look at what we get match day from sky etc and then take over 50% of that away for wages alone

then take away the pension and paye

then take away agents fees

then rafas salary

then maintainace

then hotel and travel for all the teams im sure they dont stay in the station hotel type hotels and thats for all the travelling players coaches,managersfitness fellas etc etc etc every game doesnt include private charters to get players back from internationals etc

medical costs when we send players away for treatment

how much does that leave to spend on players

not a lot
    Clearly it leaves nothing

We are the only club without a budget

And this was in reply to Ghost not you
    Slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Does anyone actually know what the asking price is? It was £250/300m this time last year then we went through all the ‘she’s wasting my time mullarky’ and the price was increased we are told to £400m now apparently it’s been lowered again. What the feck does he want? I wish he’d just feck off. He hasn’t learnt a thing in 11 years about running a football club, mistake after mistake, knee jerk reactions to crises and another early Xmas present already given...there is little money available in January apparently. That’ll be the interest on the £120m+ that didn’t get anywhere near being spent on the first team in the summer I suppose.
    i think the asking price depends on if they take the debt on or not
    if the buyers wantto take the debt from himand pay over a period which i think the bit where it was suggested he would take installments comes from i would think it is the 300 mill (very cheap for a buisness guaranteed several hundred million in the next few years)
    or 400 mill without the debt

i wouldnt sell for less than 300 mill thats for a cert and no one else on here would if they were a buisness man and its costing you nothing which it isnt

but the price any buyer will be looking at is closer to a billion pounds to be competitive

a bit like selling your house
    lots show an interest
    lots will look and see what they wil have to spend
    but they ususlly have other houses to look at as well

unlike buying a house
    the bank does a check to make sure you can afford to buy it

unfortunatly that aint the case with a footy club
    you might be able to buy it
    but do you have enough money to maintain and improve it

https://www.themag.co.uk/2016/10/int...ger-liverpool/

If anyone can support ashley after reading this then they truly are wind up merchants

Don't need to read that to know what 'they' are.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)