+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle fans are unrealistic

Newcastle fans are unrealistic

I hear a lot of people say this on TV and on Twitter. But when I watch interviews with the fans in the city in recent videos (I posted one of them on here earlier), all I see is rational reasoning and solid, critical thinking.

Like The Mag wrote recently, it's like fans of other clubs + pundits are telling the world what NUFC fans want - without any of them actually having a clue about what we (I include myself here) actually want. I realise that it's not possible to generalise as fans want different things depending on who you ask, but generally I get the feeling that we all want more investment in and around the club to build a more competitive squad. This is not unrealistic and hardly too much to ask. I don't see people on here talking about Top 6 for example. That debate is usually started by other people wanting us to sound deluded.

i think a lot are not thinking staright and do the club down

they bleet a lot

when people say who would come here and manage us like we are some sh173 whole club
    we can and have attracted big managers and will continue to do so

every fan including city manure etc allways want more investment
    they all want better owners maybe not city or chelsea or brighton or bournemouth etc

but our fans just bleet about it constant
    demos boycotts etc etc

we are in the prem not doing a villa a scumberland a leeds a sgeffield a bolton etc etc etc etc

most our stay away fans havebecome accountants and buisness owners
    not footy fans

how anyone would or could boycott the club they say they support is beyond me

i dont see huddersfield cardiff spuds fans etc bleeting like most of ours are

i would love ash or any owner to spend 100 mill every season

but i would prefer to have a stable club in the prem more and apart from poor results we have that

and the results are down to the manager

his tactics and team selection use of his squad and development of players all down to the manager

we have a player on loan smashing goals in
    yet we have no player likehim on the bench as an alternative

when people think rafa is the answer
    no he is the problem

Where is this stable club you talk about??

We've been relegated twice under Ashleys regime and have more debt than ever

An honest question

Using being relegated twice under Ashley's regime does not mean the club isn't stable.
    As has been said before, we went down and back up at the first attempt. That speaks just as much in favour as relegation does for any against so called instability.

Just remember that we went down with well funded squads and those squads do not sit there taking orders or having bickering with the owner...they take it all from the manager at the time and the coaches/staff they are around.

The manager has to take the lions share of blame when things are below par or tactics are well below what fans expect.
    This is where we're really at but excuses are made for the manager in this case, where they wouldn't have been under most other managers.

The club is stable in terms of it not having to beg steal or borrow to stay afloat.
    Many other clubs are inflating their wage bills due to inflating their own transfer incomings which will eventually leave many struggling to carry it on when they don't see any real forward impetus.

A reliance on TV money will only go so far for most clubs before the tish hits the fan.

We all want more at Newcastle. We all want what we had when we were getting players in like Shearer, etc.
    The point is we are where we are and have what we have which is a squad that is more than good enough to play out mid table if set out correctly.
    Any fan knows that it is rarely set out correctly, unless they stick to a pretence of a belief that Rafa's cautious tactics keep goal difference looking super swell and that's what counts.

It doesn't count for anything if we don't get results that gain points.
    Rafa has unstabilised this squad by getting rid of players that were more than capable of doing a good job if played to their strengths...but he let's those players go because they do not suit his cautious style.
    This gets blamed on anyone other than Rafa himself.

This squad is good enough to compete against the best of the rest of the teams outside of the top 6.
    To do that it has to be set up to do just that...and it rarely is.
    We might get half a game now and again against a team and then it's clam up time to become fish in the barrel defensive against pot shot onslaught of any team, not just elite teams.

Too much frenzy has been created against an owner that has blurred the lines for anything else to be focused on in terms of where the real problems lie, outside of the obvious careful funding of the owner, which will never take us too far forward in this league....we all know that...but you bring in so called top managers to build a squad to compete....not just throw money at them and say " buy whatever and whoever you want and offer wages to suit."
    That spells death for this club because this club has a postcode that does not suit the high football society of the elitist clubs and hierarchy that sees to it it's run the way they choreograph it. I think Ashley even knows this...seriously.

I think he knows he's peeing against the wind if he dares to go gungho.
    I believe he knows how easy it would be to send this club into the real doldrums just like Sunderland did.

I've said this before and I'll say it again.
    Put this club anywhere around London with the same set up as it has right now and we would be looking at a totally different stance.

NE14ST is a hindrance to the influx of top quality players who genuinely want to be there.
    I keep hearing how it's set up for take off. I've heard that so many times.

It's set up for stints up and down the premier league and odd stints out of the premier league. That's the reality and that goes for most other clubs.
    Now and again some lucky bag club will be given the chance to teeter at the top to keep the interest flowing from fans with hope that their club will one day win something big.
    Leicester got their go when the first billions came out for the TV.
    Little Leicester showed the way to prove it's possible.

Many fans have fell into the trap of a belief that Newcastle United should be up near the top. Argue it if you want but it's true. I used to believe we deserved it, even before Ashley.
    The truth is, we always believe our own deserves it more. That's the crux of it all.

But it can take off as it has before it's just now he's happy to use it to advertise his sports shops and other interests
    The NE postcode didn't stop stars coming in the past and it won't now
    The 'they have to pay them more up there is bullsh1t' it's not like other clubs pay peanuts for the chance of living in other parts of the country
    You pay the money and show some ambition you will get the players
    Its as simple as that and don't fall in to the media driven it's grim up north scenario to justify the way the club has been run
    Celebrating relegation man...

Ffs

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post
    But it can take off as it has before it's just now he's happy to use it to advertise his sports shops and other interests
    The 'they have to pay them more up there is bullsh1t' it's not like other clubs pay peanuts for the chance of living in other parts of the country
    Its as simple as that and don't fall in to the media driven it's grim up north scenario to justify the way the club has been run

Ffs
    We didn't have problems getting players amongst the best in the world under K.K. first time and Sir Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We didn't have problems getting players amongst the best in the world under K.K. first time and Sir Bob.
    It's an easy one to hide behind Pat

Let's aim for just below mediocrity and be happy with it

Pathetic

Club could be booming in the present climate with all the money swilling about but Ashley doesn't seem to want the club to flourish

Very few of the media are falling for the lies now but still 2 or 3 (maybe just 1 who knows?) still buy into this steady ship b0llocks on the forum

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I hear a lot of people say this on TV and on Twitter. But when I watch interviews with the fans in the city in recent videos (I posted one of them on here earlier), all I see is rational reasoning and solid, critical thinking.

Like The Mag wrote recently, it's like fans of other clubs + pundits are telling the world what NUFC fans want - without any of them actually having a clue about what we (I include myself here) actually want. I realise that it's not possible to generalise as fans want different things depending on who you ask, but generally I get the feeling that we all want more investment in and around the club to build a more competitive squad. This is not unrealistic and hardly too much to ask. I don't see people on here talking about Top 6 for example. That debate is usually started by other people wanting us to sound deluded.
    If you ask me, many other clubs and supporters are jealous of our support. Why else would they give so much air time and attention to the few idiot supporters that we (and every club) has. The fact is that due to our perennial underperformance and failure to win anything, no other team in the country can claim to have the best and most loyal supporters while Newcastle are around.

Quote Originally Posted by AP69 View Post

Ffs
    Newcastle United will sink like lead if we dare to try and follow the big fees and wages bandwagon that many teams are trying to do.
    Only a Sheikh or some similar money no object owner will ever be able to take the hit.

The best we can hope for other than that is to play it safe and build up safe, with careful buying and a manager willing to build from it...using them in the correct way.

It might get us a slow move up but we will never play among the elites until the game is reverted back to being fair.

The post code is a massive hump on Newcastle United's back...but even bigger now that the TV money has coaxed other clubs into taking the short walk to the edge of the big cliff.

A money no object Man City type owner to have us playing among the elite or an owner who can do little better than what Ashley is doing.

That's our reality in my book.
    The worst scenario is a Gold and Sullivan in for a penny in for a pound gungho chancing that will spectacularly backfire and send them into their own oblivion if they also don't get a big licks financier to bail them out.

I'd just be happy for us to play some decent football for the majority of the season with what we have and get...and see where we go against the best of the rest of the teams outside of the elites.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Newcastle United will sink like lead if we dare to try and follow the big fees and wages bandwagon that many teams are trying to do.
    Only a Sheikh or some similar money no object owner will ever be able to take the hit.

The best we can hope for other than that is to play it safe and build up safe, with careful buying and a manager willing to build from it...using them in the correct way.

It might get us a slow move up but we will never play among the elites until the game is reverted back to being fair.

The post code is a massive hump on Newcastle United's back...but even bigger now that the TV money has coaxed other clubs into taking the short walk to the edge of the big cliff.

A money no object Man City type owner to have us playing among the elite or an owner who can do little better than what Ashley is doing.

That's our reality in my book.
    The worst scenario is a Gold and Sullivan in for a penny in for a pound gungho chancing that will spectacularly backfire and send them into their own oblivion if they also don't get a big licks financier to bail them out.

I'd just be happy for us to play some decent football for the majority of the season with what we have and get...and see where we go against the best of the rest of the teams outside of the elites.
    Probably even happier if the club was allowed to spend every penny it generated eh??

Imagine the difference man

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)