+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey up, what's going on here Sub ???

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    For the many not the few sinkov, and don't you ever forget it!

Attachment 10909

And you don't forget to change that Will. It's only fair.

sinky-- a team is on its way from the north east although I have no idea if any regular players are missing. The winners of this tie play Stockton, who were finalists last season and are a decent team.

Ashington well on top early on Sub, without really threatening to score, finally got one after 30 minutes and it looked plain sailing. Nelson staged a bit of a fight-back and should have equalised right on half time. Two quick goals at the start of the second half, another around 60 minutes and Ashington were home and hosed. They strolled through the last half hour and added a late penalty to make it 5-0. Just one lad couldn't get off work I was told, so virtually their full strength team.

Yet more evidence that the Northern League, for whatever reason, is rated too low. I've now seen Ashington, Consett and RCA and that League is Level 8 without a doubt. It's a good scam though getting to play in the Vase, they should be in the Trophy, but I'll bet that doesn't bother them.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Ashington well on top early on Sub, without really threatening to score, finally got one after 30 minutes and it looked plain sailing. Nelson staged a bit of a fight-back and should have equalised right on half time. Two quick goals at the start of the second half, another around 60 minutes and Ashington were home and hosed. They strolled through the last half hour and added a late penalty to make it 5-0. Just one lad couldn't get off work I was told, so virtually their full strength team.

Yet more evidence that the Northern League, for whatever reason, is rated too low. I've now seen Ashington, Consett and RCA and that League is Level 8 without a doubt. It's a good scam though getting to play in the Vase, they should be in the Trophy, but I'll bet that doesn't bother them.
    Thanks for the report sinky, I saw the result last night on the Ashington website and noted that they had a strong team out. A good win but that will probably be that with their next round against Stockton, however, you never know. I hope that you enjoyed the game ---at least you saw some goals.

I did enjoy it Sub, a bit one-sided, to my neutral eyes at least the result was never in doubt, and it was pissing down for a large part of the game, so my bob hat got a good work-out. Just going onto the ground there were two lads who seemed to be down from Ashington, so I asked them what was going on at the club. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when one of them said the new Chairman was his brother-in-law, but it all fell apart, he said he actually lived in Oswaldtwistle, hadn't seen his brother-in-law in a while and hadn't a clue what was going on. Ah well, I tried.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I did enjoy it Sub, a bit one-sided, to my neutral eyes at least the result was never in doubt, and it was pissing down for a large part of the game, so my bob hat got a good work-out. Just going onto the ground there were two lads who seemed to be down from Ashington, so I asked them what was going on at the club. I thought I'd hit the jackpot when one of them said the new Chairman was his brother-in-law, but it all fell apart, he said he actually lived in Oswaldtwistle, hadn't seen his brother-in-law in a while and hadn't a clue what was going on. Ah well, I tried.
    I had to laugh at that!! Now there are two of us from Oswaldtwistle who have no clue as to what is going on!! I will have to see the new Chairman, Brian Shotton, who has a Dairy and has held various posts at the Club and ask him about his missus if she comes from Ossie!
    Anyway, I will keep you informed of any further developments. I just thought that she is perhaps from up her and her brother just lives in Ossie! doh!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)