+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fa cup

Fa cup

The first round of the FA Cup proper is being drawn on bbc2 this monday,who do you want to be drawn against,anyone but Mansfield for me

The FA cup see to be the biggest cup in the world .

Nowadays Champions league has spoiled it and pushed that once proud cup into second place with the big teams who are still playing in the knock out stages.

It'll be Plymouth away for us. We always get shafted in the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Buc View Post
    The FA cup see to be the biggest cup in the world .

Nowadays Champions league has spoiled it and pushed that once proud cup into second place with the big teams who are still playing in the knock out stages.
    As usual it's all to do with money.
    £3.6 million to win the FA Cup
    31.6 million Euro to only qualify for Champs league.
    Ferguson did a lot of damage also when he took Manchester United out of the FA Cup to enter the World Club Championship thing years ago.

Even if Cambridge were to win the FA cup, we would still be in debt. Carlton Town away would see us out.

There is always the team that go against the grain Frank and go on a good cup run despite sitting in the lower part of the league,fingers crossed that you don't get picked against Notts with that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Barbles View Post
    As usual it's all to do with money.
    £3.6 million to win the FA Cup
    31.6 million Euro to only qualify for Champs league.
    Ferguson did a lot of damage also when he took Manchester United out of the FA Cup to enter the World Club Championship thing years ago.
    Sky ruined the FA Cup in my eyes baubles,who is bothered about winning that when coming in last in the Premier League will get you £100 million

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Sky ruined the FA Cup in my eyes baubles,who is bothered about winning that when coming in last in the Premier League will get you £100 million
    Sky ruined football y paying too much money for the product .
    But to pay for that live TV bonanza they overcharged the watching public.
    BT are no different.

I'm just getting ready to go to Barnsley for the game and for the first time im just not excited about the first round,Ive loved the FA Cup in the past but just can't seem to get motivated for this years first game
    Stirling has just committed to Man City for a reported £300,000 a week which is both outrageous and ridiculous,he's not worth it,no player is,it's just a game of football ffs,it would take me 15 years to earn what he does in a week and I can get that he doesn't have to work Christmas Day either
    Maybe I'm getting old

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    I'm just getting ready to go to Barnsley for the game and for the first time im just not excited about the first round,Ive loved the FA Cup in the past but just can't seem to get motivated for this years first game
    Stirling has just committed to Man City for a reported £300,000 a week which is both outrageous and ridiculous,he's not worth it,no player is,it's just a game of football ffs,it would take me 15 years to earn what he does in a week and I can get that he doesn't have to work Christmas Day either
    Maybe I'm getting old
    Well Chalky,your boys took a hammering so now we will have that Yawkshire runt Acido running round trolling you..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)